Industry experts host interactive briefing discussing how the industry is helping the radiologist play a more direct role in the patient outcomes process
SANTA CLARA, California, Jan. 11, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Frost & Sullivan, the growth partnership company, announced today that it will host a live, complimentary Growth Innovation Leadership (GIL) briefing titled, "The Future of the United States Medical Imaging Industry," on Tuesday, January 23, 2018, from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM Eastern Time. The webinar will offer expert insight from Tanvir Jaikishen, Frost & Sullivan's Transformational Health Senior Research Analyst.
The U.S. medical imaging industry is transforming as it faces a host of regulatory and reimbursement challenges along with stagnant imaging procedure volumes. The resulting increased emphasis on demonstrable improvements in quality of care and cost savings, coupled with deep Medicare reimbursement cuts, have forced stakeholders across the imaging ecosystem to enhance levels of collaboration in order to make the imaging process more patient-friendly and efficient.
Mirroring the current trends of the U.S. health system as a whole, the imaging industry seeks to move away from episodic care management to population health approaches. In order to achieve this goal, interoperability across a highly fragmented imaging provider landscape must be enhanced. In addition, a more efficient and more accurate imaging workflow is essential through the application of cloud computing, artificial intelligence and personalized medicine.
"Under MACRA payments, 85 percent of the reimbursements for radiologists will be quality based," noted Jaikishen. "Moreover, the coming years will see a major transformation in the role of radiologists, from that of a passive stakeholder to a role that is deeply integrated throughout the entire patient care pathway."
The webinar will provide expert insight on how imaging original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and imaging care providers are increasingly working together to provide future ready solutions to address the myriad challenges of the imaging industry. Furthermore, it will guide you through the evolution of long-term vendor-customer partnerships.
Expert Insight You Will Not Want to Miss:
- The current US medical imaging ecosystem, its inherent challenges, and how stakeholders are working together to make it more efficient
- Unmet needs in the industry and how OEMs and other imaging forms are working with care providers to address these needs
- Exciting future opportunities in imaging, which go beyond big data analytics and population health management
- How to focus more on using the data to bring about standardization of the imaging, image interpretation process, improving the patient experience, and making smarter long-term procurement decisions
- The evolving role of the radiologist, challenges faced, and how the industry is helping them play a more direct role in the patient outcomes process
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants. For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Contact us: Start the discussion
For more information, visit ww2.frost.com or call +1 (877) 463-7678.
Frost & Sullivan
+1 (210) 348.1012
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan