-- Discussion will examine trans-Atlantic collaboration on cyber security, as conventional IT and IT security cannot stop all hackers
MOUNTAIN VIEW, California, Feb. 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- Howard Schmidt, retired special assistant to the President, Cyber Security coordinator at the Executive Office of the U.S. President
- Norbert Pohlmann, chairman, TeleTrusT - IT Security Association Germany
- Joerg Borchert, vice president, Infineon Technologies
- Kurt Roemer, chief security strategist, Citrix Systems
- Samir Kapuria, vice president of Business Strategy and Security Intelligence, Symantec
Hackers and insiders have the ability to bring entire production facilities to their knees, simply by sneaking into computers and stealing data. Attacks from cyberspace are a global threat, and we see large-scale data breaches occurring with increasing regularity. Threats are evolving to a whole new dimension since global hackers are increasingly targeting value chains. We are encountering an entire new generation of malware (malicious software) specifically designed for industrial espionage and sabotage.
Across the globe, governments, societies, businesses, and individuals are facing a number of critical challenges regarding cyberspace, data integrity, authenticity, confidentiality, and most often, trust. As a response to a rising number of cyber threats, an increasing number of governments are introducing cyber security strategies. To evaluate a German and U.S. approach to this common challenge, the German American Business Association, in collaboration with TeleTrust (IT Security Association Germany), Infineon Technologies, former Cyber Security coordinator at the Executive Office of the U.S. President, Citrix Systems, Symantec and Frost & Sullivan, brings together cyber security thought leaders for a panel discussion.
- Will cyber security strategies limit existing threats?
- Are the rules, processes and responsibilities clearly defined?
- Is there a universal plan of action to set international standards?
"Frost & Sullivan research and analysis shows that cybersecurity threats can lead to an economic security crisis," said Jarad Carleton, principal consultant at Frost & Sullivan and moderator of the panel. "In the U.S. we normally hear an American-centric view of security and privacy issues. The panel of experts speaking at this event will frame the challenges from a global perspective, and that is why executives doing business around the world shouldn't miss this international line up of security heavy hitters."
- 10:30 – 11:00 a.m. Registration and Networking Reception
- 11:00 – 12:30 p.m. Program
- 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. Lunch (complimentary) and Networking
Join Frost & Sullivan's interactive Visionary IT Portal for the latest Information and Communication Technologies research, insights and tools. Visit: http://visionary-it.gilcommunity.com/
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Frost & Sullivan
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan