- Join a complimentary webinar for key analyst insights fresh off the floor of the world's largest wireless telecom trade show
MOUNTAIN VIEW, California, March 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 11:00 a.m. EST
Online, with free registration
Ronald Gruia, Principal Telecom Analyst for Frost & Sullivan's Information & Communications Technology practice
More than 72,000 attendees from 200 countries made the annual journey to the Mobile World Congress (MWC) held in Barcelona. Approximately 1,500 companies gathered to showcase their latest innovations under the "New Mobile Horizon" conference slogan.
Key themes this year included the ongoing migration to 4G/LTE, voice over LTE (VoLTE), new handset launches, M2M evolution, software defined networking (SDN), the advent of new mobile operating system (OS) flavors, and combating the Over-The-Top (OTT) threat to mobile operators, among others. This briefing will offer a comprehensive perspective of these and other issues.
This session will benefit infrastructure vendors, application developers, value added services vendors, system integrators, handset vendors, and telecom carriers. Emerging trends and key takeaways will be discussed based on conversations held at the show with mobile operators, network equipment vendors and application developers from around the world.
"This year's edition of the MWC brought in quite a bit of optimism with respect to the ongoing uptake of 4G/Long Term Evolution (LTE)," said Frost & Sullivan Principal Telecom Analyst Ronald Gruia. "We witnessed further confirmation of the dawn of the software defined networking (SDN) paradigm, with several vendors showcasing their roadmaps."
Another catalyst is the overall positive mood, as observed by Gruia: "The mobile industry seems to be recovering after an unsteady 2012 and reloading for more LTE build outs, with opportunities for radio access (including small cell and Wi-Fi offload), followed by mobile core and backhaul."
- To attend the briefing, email email@example.com your full name, job title, company name, company telephone number, company email address and Web site, city, state and country.
- Receive a recorded version of the briefing anytime by submitting the aforementioned contact details.
For more information about Frost & Sullivan's Information & Communications Technology practice, please visit: http://www.frost.com/ICT
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community.
Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Frost & Sullivan
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan