Equity Research is published in the framework of the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange (TASE) Analysis Program
TEL AVIV, Israel, June 4, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The TASE analysis project was launched in 2016 in order to raise the investors' level of knowledge of TASE listed technology and life-science companies and the markets in which the companies operate, thus creating appropriate pricing and increasing the exposure of investors from Israel and abroad. Its goal is to encourage investments in these companies by removing the barrier of lacking understanding in the market.
In order to maintain professional, independent and unbiased analysis, the companies signed an agreement with the TASE to receive the analysis services for an obligatory period of two years. The companies cannot withdraw from the project during this period. The analysis is funded by the companies surveyed with funding from the Chief Scientist and the TASE.
Summary of Highlights
- In our view, the company is on track to meet its strategic goals with sufficient cash to support current clinical early phase and other pre-clinical pipeline development.
- Cellect announced on 9 April, 2018 that it has successfully completed the proof of concept testing of its first in type new product prototype, ApoTainer™ using Cellect's FasL-coated magnetic beads for maximizing efficacy and scalability of stem cell based products' manufacturing. The ApoTainer™ is designed to replace highly complex and expensive procedures currently used by laboratories (e.g. Bone marrow transplantations)
- Positive results from a sample of 20 patients under trial at Tel Aviv's Ichilov Medical Center, in which the ApoGraft™ process has shown significantly beneficial effects on stem cells derived from fat tissue. There was 100% acceptance and zero related adverse events. Cellect has also announced the opening of the second clinical trial site at Hadassah Medical Center
- As of March 31 2018, Cellect had approximately $9.9 million in cash and cash equivalents and marketable securities. On January 31, 2018, Cellect sold to institutional investors an aggregate of 484,848 ADSs in a registered direct offering at $8.25 per ADS resulting in gross proceeds of approximately $4.0 million.
- Cellect has initiated a second program focusing on the selection of mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) from fat cells, which poses great potential.
- Should the company see positive results in its ongoing trial (ApoGraft POC final results estimated in late 2018) the financial potential of their stock is projected to increase.
- We maintain our estimation of the company's equity value at $101.4M; corresponding to a price target ranging between $15.40 and $18.70; a mean of $16.90.
Read the full report here.
About the company - Cellect Biotechnology Ltd. is developing a technological platform, the "ApoGraft", which functionally selects stem cells from a mixed population of cells based on their sensitivity to apoptosis. The first product under development is the ApoTainerTM selection kit. The company is currently conducting a proof-of-concept phase I/II trial with blood cancer patients in Israel, which is expected to be completed by the end of Q3-2018. Based on trial results and safety issues, the company plans to integrate its technology into a range of procedures that utilize stem cells, as well as into the manufacturing process of adult stem cell based products.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants. For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Contact us: Start the discussion
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan