Ascom Wireless Solutions embraces technology innovation to address the evolving requirements of businesses worldwide
GOTHENBURG, Sweden, Oct. 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Based on its recent analysis of the enterprise wireless phone market, Frost & Sullivan recognizes Ascom Wireless Solutions with the 2016 Global Company of the Year Award. Ascom has gained a 22% share of the total market revenue through its keenness to address underserved customer needs, solid implementation of best practices, a differentiated and innovative portfolio that targets evolving trends, and a tight customer focus.
Ascom has responded to its customers' changing on-site mobility needs with purposeful innovations in both traditional and emerging wireless technologies such as traditional paging systems, digitally enhanced cordless telephony (DECT), voice over Wi-Fi (VoWiFi), and even cellular. The company has significantly improved customers' communications and mobility through the following:
- Continuing to develop IP-DECT, improving security, maximizing scalability, and increasing system capacity up to 100,000 users.
- Integrating advanced personal alarm functionality (e.g., push button, automated man-down/no-movement alarms suitable for lone workers) into wireless handsets.
- Developing the first line of VoWiFi handsets to support the 802.11n standard.
- Developing Ascom d81, one of the most rugged DECT handsets in the industry; and the intrinsically safe Ascom d81Ex, suitable for use in potentially explosive environments.
- Developing the Unite Messaging Suite™, Ascom's middleware platform that allows customers' mission-critical systems to be integrated with mobile communications.
- Developing Unite Axess, a healthcare-related communications app for smart devices.
- Introducing Ascom Myco™, a revolutionary VoWiFi+3G cellular Android-based smartphone designed for caregivers.
- Planning next-generation Ascom Myco (DECT + Wi-Fi) for release in 2017, combining superior speech quality of DECT with high data throughput for broadband applications over Wi-Fi.
"Early on, Ascom recognized the need to build processes and tools that deliver consistent outcomes. It identified the commonalities in successful wireless phone implementations and, accordingly, made available the required documentation, best practice material, and diagnostic tools to a wide ecosystem of channel partners, individuals, and institutions," said Frost & Sullivan ICT Principal Analyst Alaa Saayed. "For the healthcare vertical in particular, Ascom offers multiple forms of education, including instructor-led training, self-paced eLearning, comprehensive user guides, and quick reference guides."
Over the years, Ascom has enjoyed considerable success in terms of aggregate revenues, revenue growth, operating margins, and other key financial metrics. The Wireless Solutions division accounts for 74% of the group's business and has consistently demonstrated profitability. In North America, the Wireless Solutions division helped Ascom post double-digit growth rates in 2015 in both incoming orders and revenue. In Europe, the company continues to meet growth targets, particularly in Germany and Switzerland, and is growing in Asia-Pacific and Latin America.
Ascom customers' ownership experience is among the best in the industry. Hospitals, healthcare institutions, manufacturing facilities, and retail stores report that Ascom addresses their unique needs and specific constraints through high levels of customization when implementing its solutions.
"Ascom Wireless Solutions provides customers with multiple tools for potential inquiries and problem solving," noted Saayed. "Ascom Technical Service presents resellers and customers with a wide range of services, including technical support, technical training, system analysis, field engineering, product repair, and contract services. Professional services can be tailored to meet customer-specific needs."
Ascom enjoys solid brand recognition and mindshare among organizations with on-site mobility needs. Currently, 60% of the company's Wireless Solutions net revenue comes from the healthcare vertical; the company aims to become the leader in healthcare ICT by 2020. Because of Ascom's strong overall growth and visionary leadership, Frost & Sullivan is pleased to present Ascom with the 2016 Global Company of the Year Award.
Each year, Frost & Sullivan presents this award to the company that has demonstrated superiority in devising and implementing a strong growth strategy. The recipient has shown strength in terms of innovation in products and technologies, leadership in customer value, and speed in response to market needs. In short, the award looks at the emerging market participants in the industry and recognizes their best practices that position them for future growth.
Frost & Sullivan's Best Practices Awards recognize companies in a variety of regional and global markets for outstanding achievement in areas such as leadership, technological innovation, customer service, and product development. Industry analysts compare market participants and measure performance through in-depth interviews, analysis, and extensive secondary research.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, collaborates with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that could make or break today's market participants.
Frost & Sullivan's Growth Partnership supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating 2 key elements driving visionary innovation: the Integrated Value Proposition and the Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation, including research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation, and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible, including 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, and career best practices as well as Frost & Sullivan's global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, Frost & Sullivan has been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector, and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics, and emerging economies?
P: +44 (0) 207.343.8314
Ascom is a global solutions provider focused on healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. The vision of Ascom is to close digital information gaps allowing for the best possible decisions – anytime and anywhere. Ascom's mission is to provide mission-critical, real-time solutions for highly mobile, ad hoc, and time-sensitive environments. Ascom uses its unique product and solutions portfolio and software architecture capabilities to devise integration and mobilization solutions that provide truly smooth, complete and efficient workflows for healthcare as well as for industry, security and retail sectors.
Ascom is headquartered in Baar (Switzerland), has subsidiaries in 15 countries and employs around 1,300 people worldwide. Ascom registered shares (ASCN) are listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange in Zurich.
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan