-- Frost & Sullivan joins The Economist, Unify and others to evaluate techniques and technologies supporting a re-engineering of enterprise IT
MOUNTAIN VIEW, California, Feb. 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
WHEN: 1:00 p.m. ET on Wed., March 12, 2014
MODERATOR: Martin Giles, US technology correspondent, The Economist
- Melanie Turek, research vice president, Enterprise Communications and Collaboration, Frost & Sullivan
- Rick Puskar; senior vice president; Innovation, Customer Experience and Engineering; Unify
- Paul Papadimitriou, management consultant and digital futurist
- Kevin Soohoo, chief information officer, Air Systems, an EMCOR Company
For better or worse, the Millennial generation is one of the most disruptive forces the American workplace has ever experienced. While their influence extends across all facets of an organization, from human resources to the board room, their impact is most pronounced and profound in the IT sphere.
Today, many Millennials are demanding to work differently, and CIOs are starting to respond with radically new policies and tools to change the way employees communicate, collaborate and integrate the social web into the business world. This event will offer best practice insights from organizations that are successfully re-engineering their approach to IT to empower their employees — while minimizing costs and risks.
Reasons to Attend:
- Gain an understanding of enterprise best practices when employees harness IT for improved processes
- Discover the strategies and technologies shaping social communication, collaboration and integration in the workplace
- Identify methods of cost and risk minimization during the evolution of your IT strategy
"As they enter the workplace, Millenials are having a profound impact on everything from business processes to communications technologies – and their influence is increasingly being embraced by older employees," said Melanie Turek, vice president, research at Frost & Sullivan. "Companies must learn to adapt to these new trends, and leverage them to drive collaboration, boost productivity and measurably improve business outcomes. The trick is knowing what to adopt and what to reject – and how to ensure that the new ways of working are good for employees and the organization."
Join Frost & Sullivan's interactive Visionary IT portal for the latest Information and Communication Technologies research, insights and tools to make winning IT decisions. Visit: http://visionary-it.gilcommunity.com/
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Frost & Sullivan
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan