PARIS, November 30, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
Food Ingredients Europe & Natural Ingredients, in its 25th edition, announced the winners of the Fi Excellence Awards last night. The Awards, organised every two years, rewarded the major innovations in the food industry in six categories, as well as 'The Most Innovative Food Ingredient', the overall winner of the Fi Excellence Awards.
The Fi Excellence Awards 2011 honoured professionals and companies for their ability to demonstrate and stimulate innovation, and for their contribution to the industry.
Mr. Henry Dixon Barrett, Chairman of the Jury said: "We were really impressed with the quality of research and innovations of the awards submissions this year. Above all, it was important for us to reward products whose application provides a real benefit to the consumer. We hope the industry will join us in welcoming the award-winning products."
The Fi Excellence Awards winners are:
The Most Innovative Food Ingredient Award: Barry Callebaut - Terra Cacao
- Muntons - Maltichoc - to be used as a partial cocoa powder and chocolate replacer in baked goods.
- Chr. Hansen A/S - Red Strawberry Fragaria 100 WS - The new patent pending carmine has superior process stability enabling a decrease of pigment concentration by 10 - 20% compared to standard carmine.
- National Starch Food Innovation - Purity Gum - a unique emulsion stabilizing starch derived from waxy maize.
- Purac - PuraQ Arome NA4 - a breakthrough in clean label, natural solutions for sodium reduction in food.
- Barry Callebaut - Terra Cacao - This revolutionary, all-natural, controlled fermentation technique method consistently produces top-quality cocoa with zero defects or off-flavors.
- Lyckeby Culinar AB - Culinar Include - an innovation especially designed to bring 100 % natural colours and flavours to breakfast cereals and muesli.
About Fi Europe & Ni 2011
Running since 1986, Fi Europe is the global meeting place for all stakeholders in the food ingredients industry. Over 500,000 people have attended the shows over the years, and billions of Euros of business has been done as a result. Fi Europe & Ni are held once every two years in a major European city and brings together the world's leading food & beverage suppliers, R&D, production and marketing specialists.
Fi Europe & Ni 2011 will be held on 29 November - 1 December in Paris Nord Villepinte, France. The show has grown by 9% on 2009 and will feature more than 1,400 exhibitors from over 65 countries. The show offers priceless industry knowledge through wide range of conference modules, Exhibitor seminars, New Product Zone displays, Expert Innovation tours and more, covering the latest trends, industry issues and product innovations. For more information, visit http://www.ingredientsnetwork.com/FiEurope.
About the organiser
UBM Live is a division of UBM plc., which is headquartered in London, UK. The office in the Netherlands is the organiser of the world leading Fi, Hi, CPhi and ICSE series of pharmaceutical and food ingredient trade shows. The Dutch office also publishes International Food Ingredients (IFI) magazine, organises related conference activities and has a rapidly growing online business.
SOURCE Food Ingredients (Fi) Europe