LONDON, April 16, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
The global market for floating liquefied natural gas (FLNG) can be divided into two distinct areas: the LNG FPSOs (Liquefied Natural Gas Floating Production Storage and Offloading Vessel) and FSRUs (Floating Storage and Regasification Units). This report addresses both of these markets, quantifying the opportunity for growth expected over the next ten years. Traditionally, LNG facilities have been built onshore. Rising construction costs, times, and a reluctance to commit to long term facilities have resulted in increasing use of FLNG units as an alternative.
The oil price collapse in 2014 and into early 2015 has considerably impacted investment in FLNG. This report includes in-depth analysis and forecasting of the oil price, discusses the link between the price of oil and of LNG, and discusses other driving factors that will determine the price of LNG in the coming decade. All these factors are incorporated into visiongain's FLNG CAPEX forecasts. Visiongain values the global FLNG market at $6.19 billion in 2015.
To see a report overview please email Sara Peerun on email@example.com
Floating regasification vessels, in operation since 2005, allow for flexible transportation of LNG. Three companies, Excelerate Energy, Golar LNG and Höegh LNG have taken the majority of ownership of floating regasification vessels thus far, though several more have started to enter the market. There are currently 21 units operational in Asia, Europe, the Middle East, North America, South America, and Southeast Asia. Floating regasification vessels will be particularly useful in areas where there are, at present, major gas shortfalls (e.g. Egypt, India, Pakistan, Equatorial Guinea, and Bangladesh). The introduction of further floating regasification vessels will continue throughout the world, however, since they are less expensive per mmtpa (million metric tonnes per annum) of capacity, are built to deadline, and are faster to build than onshore facilities. They can be used as well for short periods (under 5 years) or long periods (over 5 years) and can be leased or owned, whereas onshore terminals are constructed for decades of use.
Floating liquefaction has been proposed as an economical solution to monetising stranded and associated gas. As of March 2015, there are no floating liquefaction vessels in operation, though the Exmar and Pacific Rubiales vessel will commence operation off the northern coast of Columbia in mid-2015. Petronas' first vessel is also due to become commercially operational in late 2015 off the coast of Malaysia. Generating the most attention in the FLNG market is Shell's Prelude, the most expensive FLNG vessel to date, due to come online by 2017 for use off the west coast of Australia. These three vessels represent the wide range of capacity floating liquefaction vessels can have; the Shell vessel is of the large variety, producing over 3 mmtpa of LNG. The Petronas vessel is of the medium-sized variety, and will produce 1-2 mmtpa, whereas the Exmar/Pacific Rubiales vessel will produce just .5 mmtpa. Despite only three liquefaction vessels in production there are a number of conceptual designs at different stages of project development due to come online throughout the forecast period. This report includes an expert interview with one of the companies driving new LNG FPSO design. Visiongain anticipates a handful of final investment decisions (FID) will be taken over the next three years. The technical intricacies of constructing FLNG production facilities will ensure a build time of between three and five years depending on the design.
Why you should buy The Floating Liquefied Natural Gas (FLNG) Market 2015-2025
What is the future of the FLNG market? How will the great uncertainties in the LNG market impact spending on FLNG? How has the oil price collapse in 2014 impacted CAPEX on FLNG vessels? Who are the major companies involved in the market, and what is their market share? Visiongain's comprehensive analysis contains highly quantitative content delivering solid conclusions benefiting your analysis and illustrates new opportunities and potential revenue streams helping you to remain competitive. This definitive report will benefit your decision making and help to direct your future business strategy.
This report is a comprehensive update and builds upon the previous report with the following additional information adding extra value for our clients:
• Analysis of the oil price collapse, forecast scenarios for a future price, and discussion of its impact on the FLNG market.
• Insight into the present and future price of LNG, and projections of global (onshore and floating) LNG production and regasification capacity.
• New section on drivers and restraints in the overall LNG market, including a section on the present and future role of Japan in driving consumption considering the reactivation of the country's nuclear energy fleet.
• Insight into the dynamics and spending in the onshore LNG industry and how it relates to FLNG.
• Analysis and contract lists of newly constructed FLNG units compared to conversions of existing LNG carriers.
• National market forecasts for the Top Ten Countries in FLNG, including India, the United States, Australia, Brazil, and Equatorial Guinea.
• More national market outlooks, with updated and expanded outlooks of past regions. Such expanded outlooks include Europe in light of the cancellation of the South Stream Pipeline, West Africa in light of supply problems in the West African Gas Pipeline, East Africa in light of considerable new offshore gas discoveries in Tanzania and Mozambique, Asia in light of reassessed energy demand growth forecasts, and Australasia in light of cost overruns and the developing maritime boarder dispute between Australia and Timor Leste.
• Expert opinion from two companies in the FLNG market- Holman Fenwick Willan LLP (HFW LLP) on the impacts of regulation and legislation on FLNG units in Australia, and Lonestar FLNG on innovations and problems in LNG FPSO design. Both offer insight into the impacts on the market of the oil price collapse.
• Expanded discussion into the role of the insurance market and how project finance will be impacted by the first LNG FPSOs coming into use, and by the oil price collapse.
• Recommendations to companies in, or seeking to enter, the FLNG market considering its current uncertainties, drivers, and restraints.
Within this 293 page report you will receive key information which will benefit you:
• View global FLNG market forecasts and analysis from 2015-2025 to keep your knowledge ahead of your competitors and ensure you exploit key business opportunities
- The report provides detailed sales projections of the market, the competitors, and the commercial drivers and restraints allowing you to more effectively compete in the market. In addition to FLNG market forecasts from 2015-2025, our new study shows current market data, market shares, original critical analysis, and revealing insight into commercial developments.
• Our report provides 204 tables, charts, and graphs.
- Let our analysts present you with a thorough assessment of the current and future FLNG market prospects. This analysis will assist you in quickly and easily understanding the relevant factors to consider in the FLNG market. Also you will gain from our analyst's industry expertise allowing you to demonstrate your authority on the FLNG sector
• See two full transcripts of exclusive company interviews. Be part of this knowledge. Learn what industry thought leaders are thinking.
- By reading the full transcripts of the two exclusive expert opinion interviews contained in the report you will keep up to speed with what is really happening in the industry. Don't' fall behind. You will gain a thorough knowledge on the FLNG sector finding strategic advantages for your work and will learn how your organisation can benefit - allowing you to assess prospects for investments and sales
- Holman Fenwick Willan (HFW) LLP
- Lonestar FLNG
• Discover sales predictions for the key end use FLNG submarkets from 2015-2025
- What are the dynamics within the FLNG industry? Which submarkets will generate the most revenue? Use our forecasts and expert insight to grow your business and give you more industry influence. Find where you can gain and how your organisation can succeed. Avoid falling behind. Stay informed about the potential for each of these FLNG submarkets with individual forecasts and analysis from 2015-2025.
- LNG FPSO CAPEX and capacity forecasts for 2015-2025
- FSRU CAPEX and capacity forecasts 2015-2025
• Understand the prospects for the leading national FLNG markets - where will the highest revenues and opportunities occur?
- Learn about the market potential for FLNG companies in developed and developing countries, from 2015 onwards. You will see where and how opportunities exist with revealing individual market forecasts and analysis from 2015-2025 for the 8 regional and 10 leading national FLNG markets.
• The Australasian FLNG forecast 2015-2025
- Australia FLNG forecast 2015-2025
- Papua New Guinea FLNG forecast 2015-2025
• The Asian FLNG forecast 2015-2025
- China FLNG forecast 2015-2025
• The Southeast Asian FLNG forecast 2015-2025
- Indonesia FLNG forecast 2015-2025
- India FLNG forecast 2015-2025
• The African FLNG forecast 2015-2025
- Mozambique FLNG forecast 2015-2025
- Equatorial Guinea FLNG forecast 2015-2025
• Middle Eastern FLNG forecast 2015-2025
- Israel FLNG forecast 2015-2025
• European FLNG forecast 2015-2025
• The North American and Caribbean FLNG forecast 2015-2025
- United States FLNG forecast 2015-2025
• The South American FLNG forecast 2015-2025
- Brazil FLNG forecast 2015-2025
• Discover the regional LNG FPSO production capacity forecasts & FSRU regasification capacity forecasts
- Australasian LNG FPSO Production Capacity Forecast 2015-2025
- African LNG FPSO Production Capacity Forecast 2015-2025
- Southeast Asian FSRU Regasification Capacity Forecast 2015-2020
- European FSRU Regasification Capacity Forecast 2015-2020
- Middle Eastern FSRU Regasification Capacity Forecast 2015-2020
- Middle Eastern LNG FPSO Production Capacity Forecast 2015-2025
- South American FSRU Regasification Capacity Forecast 2015-2025
- North American and Caribbean LNG FPSO Production Capacity Forecast 2015-2025
• Read country outlooks for FLNG prospects for another 35 relevant regions
- Timor Leste FLNG Outlook
- West African FLNG Outlook
- South African FLNG Outlook
- Tanzanian FLNG Outlook
- Japanese FLNG Outlook
- South Korean FLNG Outlook
- Pakistani FLNG Outlook
- Sri Lankan FLNG Outlook
- Bangladesh FLNG Outlook
- Malaysian FLNG Outlook
- Vietnamese FLNG Outlook
- Filipino FLNG Outlook
- Thai FLNG Outlook
- Cypriot FLNG Market Outlook
- Greek FLNG Market Outlook
- Italian FLNG Market Outlook
- Lithuanian FLNG Market Outlook
- Turkish FLNG Market Outlook
- UK FLNG Market Outlook
- Ukraine FLNG Market Outlook
- Malta FLNG Market Outlook
- Egyptian FLNG Market Outlook
- Jordanian FLNG Market Outlook
- Kuwaiti FLNG Market Outlook
- Lebanese FLNG Market Outlook
- UAE FLNG Market Outlook
- Argentine FLNG Market Outlook
- Chilean FLNG Market Outlook
- Colombian FLNG Market Outlook
- Uruguay FLNG Market Outlook
- Ecuadorian FLNG Market Outlook
- Canadian FLNG Outlook
- Guadeloupe and Martinique FLNG Outlook
- Jamaican FLNG Outlook
- Puerto Rican FLNG Outlook
• See 40 detailed tables of significant regional FLNG contracts
- Understand industry activity with detailed data revealing where companies are earning their revenues and with what products and with which technology.
• Explore the factors affecting project developers and constructors. Learn about the forces influencing market dynamics.
- Explore the political, economic, social, and technological (PEST) issues assessing product advances. Discover what the present and future outlook for business will be. Learn about the following business critical issues -
- Business strategy.
- Technological issues, constraints, and new designs.
- Supply and demand dynamics.
- Increasing specialisation by leading players.
- Increasing industry consolidation.
- Advances in product quality
- Analysis of barriers to entry
• Identify who the leading companies are in the FLNG industry
- Our report reveals the technologies and companies which hold the greatest potential. In particular, exploring and analyzing the activities of these companies: See where the expected gains will be. View visiongain's assessment of the prospects for established competitors, rising companies, and new market entrants. Our work explains that potential, helping you stay ahead. Gain a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape with profiles of eight leading FLNG companies examining their positioning, capabilities, product portfolios, R&D activity, services, focus, strategies, M&A activity, and future outlook.
- Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering (DSME)
- Excelerate Energy
- Golar LNG
- Höegh LNG
- Hyundai Heavy Industries
- Samsung Heavy Industries
Other companies also profiled include:
- Black & Veatch
- JGC Corporation
- Noble Energy
- Wison Offshore & Marine
- Woodside Petroleum
Discover Information found nowhere else in this independent assessment of the FLNG market
The Floating Liquefied Natural Gas (FLNG) Market 2015-2025 CAPEX Prospects for LNG FPSOs & FSRUs in a Lower Oil Price Climate report provides impartial FLNG sector analysis. With the independent business intelligence found only in our work, you will discover where the prospects are for profit. In particular, our new research provides you with key strategic advantages: Our informed forecasts, independent and objective analysis, exclusive interviews and revealing company profiles will provide you with that necessary edge, allowing you to gain ground over your competitors.
With this report you are less likely to fall behind in knowledge or miss crucial business opportunities. You will save time and receive recognition for your market insight. See how you this report could benefit and enhance your research, analysis, company presentations and ultimately your individual business decisions and your company's prospects.
What makes this report unique?
Visiongain consulted widely with leading industry experts and full transcripts from these exclusive interviews with Holman Fenwick Willan LLP and with Lonestar FLNG included in the report. Visiongain's research methodology involves an exclusive blend of primary and secondary sources providing informed analysis. This methodology allows insight into the key drivers and restraints behind market dynamics and competitive developments. The report therefore presents an ideal balance of qualitative analysis combined with extensive quantitative data including global, submarket and regional markets forecasts from 2015-2025.
Why choose visiongain business intelligence?
Visiongain's increasingly diverse sector coverage strengthens our research portfolio. The growing cross-sector convergence of key verticals and the interplay of game changing technologies across hitherto unrelated industries are creating new synergies, resulting in new business opportunities for you to leverage.
As such, visiongain's team of London based in-house analysts offer a wealth of knowledge and experience to inform your strategic business decisions. Let visiongain guide you.
To see a report overview please email Sara Peerun on firstname.lastname@example.org
How theFloating Liquefied Natural Gas (FLNG) Market 2015-2025: CAPEX Prospects for LNG FPSOs & FSRUs in a Lower Oil Price Environment report can benefit you:
Visiongain's report is for anyone requiring analysis of the FLNG market. You will discover market forecasts, technological trends, predictions and expert opinion providing you with independent analysis derived from our extensive primary and secondary research. Considerable analysis relating to drivers and restraints in the LNG industry, current and projected spending and capacity in the onshore LNG industry, and oil price forecasts are included as they relate to FLNG spending and capacity. Only by purchasing this report will you receive this critical business intelligence revealing where revenue growth is likely and where the lucrative potential market prospects are. Don't miss this key opportunity to gain a competitive advantage.
If you buy our report today your knowledge will stay one step ahead of your competitors. Discover how our report could benefit your research, analyses and strategic decisions, saving you time. To gain an understanding of how to tap into the potential of this market and stay one step ahead of the competition you must order now our report the Floating Liquefied Natural Gas (FLNG) Market 2015-2025 CAPEX Prospects for LNG FPSOs & FSRUs in a Lower Oil Price Environment. Avoid missing out -order our report now.
To request an exec summary of this report please email Sara Peerun at email@example.com or call Tel: +44 (0) 20 7336 6100
Companies Listed in this report:
AB Klaipedos Nafta
American Bureau of Shipping (ABS)
Air Products and Chemicals Inc
Andhra Pradesh Gas Distribution Corporation (APGDC)
API Nova Energia
ATP Oil & Gas
Avner Oil & Gas Exploration
BG Group Plc
Black and Veatch
Browse Joint Venture
Cambridge Energy Group
Canada Stewart Energy
CE LNG - Cambridge Energy LNG
CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation)
Cove Point LNG
Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering (DSME)
DEPA (Dimosia Epichirisi Paroxis Aeriou) - Greek Public Natural Gas Corporation
DorGas Exploration Limited Partnership
Douglas Channel Energy Consortium (DCEC)
Douglas Channel Energy Partnership (DCEP)
DCEP Gas Management Ltd.
Douglas Channel LNG Assets Partnership
EDF (Électricité de France)
Energy World International
Excelerate Liquefaction Solutions
Exmar Marine NV
Exmar Shipping Group
Freeport-McMoRan Energy (FME)
GAIL - Indian State Owned Natural Gas Processing and Distribution Company
Gasfin Development S.A.
Gazprom Marketing and Trading
GE Oil & Gas
Golar LNG Partners
Grassy Point Projects
Haisla Nation Limited Partnership (HNLP)
Höegh LNG Holdings Ltd.
Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI)
IHI Shipbuilding (IHI)
INPEX Corporation (INPEX)
Israel Electricity Corporation
Isramco Negev 2 Limited Partnership
Jordanian National Electricity and Power Company
Keppel Offshore and Marine (Keppel)
KNPC (Kuwait National Petroleum Company)
Leif Höegh & Co
Linde Process Plants Inc.
Liquid Niugini Gas Ltd.
LNG BargeCo BVBA
LTL Group (Lanka Transformer Ltd Group)
Meridian Holdings Co.
Meta Petroleum Corporation
MIMI - Mitsubishi and Mitsui's Japan Australia LNG joint venture
Mitsui Japan Australia LNG
Mitsui O.S.K. Lines (MOL)
Oil and Natural Gas Corp. Ltd
Ophir Energy Plc
Pacific Midstream Holding Corp
Paradip Port Trust
Pertamina - State Oil Company of Indonesia
PGN (Perusahaan Gas Negara PGN)
Petrobangla - National Oil Company of Bangladesh
Petromin PNG Holdings Limited
Pinsent Masons LLP
Port Meridian Energy Ltd.
PT EMP Energi Indonesia
PTTEP (Exploration and Production Division of the National Oil Company of Thailand)
PV Gas (Gas Division of PetroVietnam)
Ratio Oil Exploration
Reliance Industries Limited
Royal Dutch Shell
Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI)
Shell Developments Australia
Smart Gas Monfalcone
TGE Gas Engineering
TGE Marine Engineering
VGS Group Inc (Vessel Gasification Solutions)
Wison Offshore and Marine
Yantai Port Group Ltd
Government Agencies and Other Organisations Mentioned in This Report
Australian National Offshore Petroleum Safety and Environmental Management Authority
British Geological Society (BGS)
Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB)
U.S. Energy Information Agency (EIA)
EU (European Union)
Filipino Department of Energy
Greek Public Gas Corporation (DEPA)
International Court of Justice
International Energy Agency (IEA)
Indonesian State Owned Enterprise (SOE) Ministry
Jordan Ministry of Energy
Lebanon Ministry of Energy and Water
Ministry of State Enterprises - Portal Nasional Indonesia
National Gas Public Company of Cyprus (DEFA)
NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration)
OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development)
Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
Pakistan Government Payment Guarantees
Pakistani Petroleum Ministry
Pakistani Supreme Court
RAE - Greek Energy Regulator
State Agency for Investment and National Projects of Ukraine
United Kingdom (UK) Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC)
United States (US) Department of Energy (DOE)
US Energy Information Administration (EIA)
US Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC)
US Federal Reserve
Volta River Authority of Ghana
To see a report overview please email Sara Peerun on firstname.lastname@example.org