STRATFORD-UPON-AVON, England, September 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Bovey Castle, the latest addition to Eden Hotel Collection's luxury portfolio, was acquired earlier this year, earmarked for an immediate £2m investment and renovation programme to include an exciting re-launch of the hotel's food and beverage offerings, as well as investment in the guest rooms and other public areas.
Here are five facts you didn't know about Bovey Castle; one of the UK's top hotels:
- In 2013, Bovey Caste was the setting for Carol Evans' wedding to Peter Traves… dressed as a princess and a toad. The couple wanted a fairytale wedding and splashed out £67,000 on their big day, with guests dressed as storybook characters. Architect Peter designed their three-foot high wedding cake - a replica of Bovey Castle.
- Bovey Castle was not the setting for the wedding of Adam Butler and Dani Cooke. The pair appeared on the most recent episode of the BBC's hit show Don't Tell the Bride. While Dani walked the grounds of Bovey Castle and described the hotel as her "ideal princess wedding venue", fiancé Adam was booking the less conventional Great British Tattoo Convention for their big day.
- The land on which Bovey Castle is built was originally purchased in 1890 by WH Smith from the Earl of Devon for £103,000. 124 years later, his retail chain is a customer of SCC, the technology brand of Rigby Group, which owns Eden Hotel Collection.
- In April of this year, Bovey Castle took children and family service to the next level by launching the world's first LEGO room service. At check-in all children are given the world exclusive LEGO Room Service Menu plus an order form on a LEGO clipboard. These feature toys from pre-school LEGO DUPLO up to LEGO for teenagers. All you have to do is make your selection and your very own LEGO concierge will deliver the toys to your door.
- Bovey Castle is part of the Eden Hotel Collection, owned by Rigby Group plc. Rigby Group is a £1.8 billion business and also has interests in the technology, airports, real estate, financial and aviation sectors. Rigby Group businesses include Europe's largest independent technology provider SCC, British International Helicopters, international property developers Rigby & Rigby and Regional & City Airports, with two generations of the Rigby family at the helm.
For more information about the Eden Hotel Collection, visit http://www.edenhotelcollection.com.
To explore Bovey Castle and book a stay go to http://www.boveycastle.com.
Check out our Bovey Castle video here: http://youtu.be/Df8eeMnzXuM?list=PL36AI2I61eDjtlclh5L3mpKHF8YlWXJi2
Notes to Editors:
- In addition to Bovey Castle, Eden Hotel Collection has seven luxury hotels and spas: Buckland Tout-Saints Hotel, Devon; The Mount Somerset Hotel and Spa, Somerset; The Kings Hotel, Chipping Campden; The Arden Hotel, Stratford-upon-Avon; Brockencote Hall Hotel, Worcestershire; The Greenway Hotel and Spa, Cheltenham; and Mallory Court, Leamington Spa. The Eden Hotel Collection also recently acquired Tides Reach Hotel in Salcombe, South Devon, which is to be redeveloped to create a 50-bedroom luxury beachfront hotel and spa.
For more information and photos, contact Lindsay Butler at Eden Hotel Collection Head Office or email Lindsay.firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Eden Hotel Collection