DUBAI, UAE, February 9, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Market leader delivers superior heart rate tracking, a Fitness Super Watch with advanced tools to train smarter and innovative interactive experience to stay motivated
Fitbit, Inc., the market leader in the fast-growing Connected Health and Fitness category, today announced the availability of Fitbit Charge HR™ and Fitbit Surge™, for the GCC region. The Fitbit Charge HR™ is now shipping across the GCC region and the Fitbit Surge™, will be shipping from April 2015.
The company also announced it will extend popular features like on-device exercise summaries - already available on Fitbit Surge - to Fitbit Charge HR, as well as new features coming soon, like multi-device support across its entire product line. Fitbit continues to enhance its full line of award-winning trackers to deliver even more advanced, game-changing features designed to make tracking more intuitive and efficient.
"Focused on our mission to empower and inspire people to lead healthier, more active lives, we have always understood that activity tracking is only part of the journey to attaining better health. It is critical that the information users get from tracking is easy to understand and useful, and the experience is fun and engaging - so they stay motivated," said James Park, CEO and Co-Founder of Fitbit. "With Fitbit Charge HR and Fitbit Surge, features like heart rate tracking are made simpler by being continuous and automatic so the technology works no matter what you're doing and the experience is seamless yet powerful, giving users valuable all day health insights."
Gareth Jones, VP and General Manager for Fitbit EMEA, expanded: "At Fitbit we know that there's no 'one size fits all' option in fitness, as consumers have a wide-range of needs and preferences. To that end, we've developed these new products to take users from everyday fitness to active and performance sports use. We are excited to introduce Fitbit Charge HR and Fitbit Surge to the market, providing motivation and encouragement for those who are dedicated to reaching higher levels of performance."
Make Every Beat Count with Fitbit Charge HR
Fitbit Charge HR packs advanced technology and finely tuned algorithms into a stylish, comfortable design:
- Fitbit's proprietary PurePulse™ optical heart rate technology, delivers continuous, automatic wrist-based heart rate tracking all day (not just when you wake up) and during workouts to give a more complete picture of your health and fitness
- Motivates users to maintain workout intensity and track calorie burn automatically with no uncomfortable chest strap
- More accurately track all-day calorie burn for exercises that aren't step-based, like cycling, elliptical or group exercise classes
- Hit fat burn, cardio and peak intensity with simplified heart rate zones and track resting heart rate over time
- Bright OLED screen displays all day stats including continuous heart rate tracking with steps, distance, floors climbed, calories burned and time
- Exercise Mode records workouts with the press of a button and provides real-time exercise stats on the display, as well as detailed exercise summaries and heart rate insights on the Fitbit dashboard
- Caller ID keeps users connected by vibrating and showing the caller's name or number when a smartphone is nearby
- Automatic sleep detection monitors sleep quality; also features a silent, vibrating alarm
- High-quality, water-resistant, comfortable textured design with improved clasp and up to 5 days of battery life
Train Smarter with Fitbit Surge
Fitbit's Fitness Super Watch - Fitbit Surge - includes all the powerful features of Fitbit Charge HR, plus:
- Built-in GPS delivers stats like pace, distance, elevation and split times. Fitbit Surge seamlessly syncs with mobile devices to show route history and workout summaries, leading to smarter training
- Multiple Sport Mode, to classify workouts and view detailed summaries of exercises completed-including heart rate and calories burned
- Smart combination of desirable smartwatch features including customisable watch faces, Caller ID, text alerts and mobile music control
- Advanced eight-sensor technology - GPS, 3-axis accelerometers, 3-axis gyroscope, digital compass, optical heart rate monitor, altimeter, ambient light sensor and a touchscreen
- Backlit LCD touchscreen display for easy viewing and navigation through real-time stats, workout apps and alarms
- Battery life up to 7 days, to track everything from the work week to a full marathon on one charge
Steps Ahead of the Competition
- Superior heart rate tracking technology. Fitbit Charge HR and Fitbit Surge don't just track resting heart rate - they both offer continuous, automatic heart rate tracking all day, all night and during workouts so you never miss a beat. PurePulse heart rate tracking provides more accurate calorie burn, the ability to maintain your workout intensity, maximise your training and improve your all day health and fitness
- The right product to reach any goal. With six activity trackers and the Aria Wi-Fi scale, Fitbit offers multiple product choices at various price points (AED 150 - AED 1299), all with great battery life (5-10 days to 6 months, depending on the tracker)-ensuring there's something for every lifestyle, every budget and every goal
- A supportive global community. With more than 69 percent market share, Fitbit has the largest community of users with social and mobile tools, like Fitbit Challenges™ and food logging, to help everyone reach their health and fitness goals faster. Plus, with recently launched interactive features and more coming soon, Fitbit takes fitness to the next level with a fun and engaging experience that keeps users motivated to move more
- A connected experience. Fitbit products offer cross-platform compatibility, syncing wirelessly to more mobile platforms than any other fitness tracker available today, including more than 150 iOS, Android and Windows devices
- Seamless and smart, from app to dashboard. With the top downloaded app for connected fitness devices on iTunes, Google Play and Windows Phone stores, a user-friendly dashboard experience and powerful software, Fitbit gives users easy access to the information they need to reach their health and fitness goals
Committed to Highest Quality Product Standards
Fitbit is committed to creating the highest quality products and helping customers learn the best way to wear their trackers. Fitbit consults with scientific experts and conducts extensive product tests with independent labs to ensure they meet stringent standards.
Fitbit encourages anyone wearing an activity tracking wristband, regardless of the brand, to follow four key elements for maximum enjoyment: keep it clean, keep it dry, keep it loose and give your wrist a break. We recommend wearing the band loosely enough that it can move back and forth on your wrist. We have developed guidelines for our products with our Scientific Advisory Board dermatologists to educate the public on how they should wear and care for their device and keep their skin happy. These guidelines are available at http://www.fitbit.com/productcare.
Pricing & Availability
Fitbit Charge HR and Fitbit Surge are available now at leading retailers nationwide. Both will be widely available in all leading retailers across the GCC region.
Fitbit Charge HR (AED 729) is available in black, plum, blue* and tangerine*
- Fitbit Surge (AED 1299) is available in black, blue* and tangerine*
*These colors are coming soon. Fitbit Charge, Fitbit Charge HR and Fitbit Surge will be available in small, large and extra large sizes (extra large only available through Fitbit.com).
Fitbit at ISPO MUNICH 2015
As well as exhibiting at this year's ISPO conference, Fitbit has been awarded two ISPO Awards. Fitbit Charge HR was voted the winning product in the Health and Fitness: Tracking Hardware & Mobile Devices category, and Fitbit Surge was selected as product of the year in the Performance Products category. Visit us at the CES ISPO booth to see the new Fitbit Charge HR and Fitbit Surge wristbands, and explore the entire Fitbit line of health and fitness products - Hall C1, stand 312.
Fitbit designs products and experiences that track everyday health and fitness, empowering and inspiring people to lead healthier, more active lives. As the leader in the fast-growing Connected Health & Fitness category, Fitbit's diverse line of award-winning products includes Fitbit Surge, Fitbit Charge HR, Fitbit Charge, Fitbit Flex, Fitbit Zip and Fitbit One activity trackers, as well as the Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale. Fitbit products are carried in more than 25,000 North American retail stores, 37,000 stores around the globe, and sold in 48 countries. Headquartered in San Francisco, Fitbit is privately held and funded by Foundry Group, Qualcomm Ventures, Sapphire Ventures, Softbank Capital, SoftTech VC and True Ventures.
Fitbit, the Fitbit logo, Fitbit Surge, Fitbit Charge HR, Fitbit Charge, Fitbit Flex, Fitbit One, Fitbit Zip, PurePulse, MobileRun and Aria are trademarks, service marks and/or registered trademarks of Fitbit, Inc. in the United States and in other countries. All other trademarks, service marks, and product names used herein are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Fitbit, Inc.