WAKEFIELD, England, September 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Leading housebuilder Miller Homes has been granted planning approval for a development of 500 homes at City Fields in Wakefield.
This is the first phase of a multi-million pound scheme which will eventually provide almost 2,700 homes in partnership with Wakefield Council on the east side of the City.
Tim Williams, Strategic Land Manager for Miller Homes, said: "We are delighted that Wakefield Council has granted planning approval for our development of 500 homes at City Fields in Wakefield.
"This marks a key milestone in a significant long-term urban regeneration project which will completely transform the area as well as creating substantial employment opportunities."
The development will offer high quality accommodation in a range of different dwelling sizes, catering for buyers on all levels of the property ladder. The government's Help to Buy scheme will be available.
The development has been sensitively designed in full consultation with the Planning Authority and will preserve and enhance the outlook and visual aspects of the surrounding area.
As part of its planning obligations, Miller Homes has also committed to constructing a £4.6m bypass, the first phase of the Wakefield East Relief Road; contributing £1.4m to local education provision; making a £250k travel plan payment; and providing a number of affordable dwellings.
On completion the area will benefit from almost 2,700 new homes, various leisure and recreational facilities, a 2km waterfront area and a business park.
The approval of this application also paves the way for the delivery of the long anticipated Wakefield East Relief Road.
Tim continued: "Work on the first phase of our development at City Fields, comprising 329 homes, will commence in the early autumn."
In the long term, the scheme could create around 3,200 new jobs and generate £500m of investment, creating one of the largest regeneration initiatives ever seen in the city under a master plan for the area.
Notes to editors:
- Miller Homes is part of The Miller Group. Since it was established in 1934, Miller Homes has built more than 100,000 homes across the UK, providing a variety of properties to meet the needs of a wide range of purchasers at all stages of the property ladder.
- Miller Homes operates in six regions across the UK - Scotland, North West, Yorkshire, North East, Midlands and Southern.
- Miller Homes offers a variety of incentives, including government-backed schemes and its own schemes, to assist homebuyers in purchasing a new home.
- In 2013 Miller Homes was awarded five star rating in the National Home Builders Federation New Home Customer Satisfaction Survey and the results of independent research highlighted that 97% of its own customers would recommend Miller Homes to their best friend.
- Further information is available by visiting http://www.millerhomes.co.uk
Miller Homes Yorkshire
General Enquiries: Lesley Weir - firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-(0)870-336-4600
SOURCE Miller Homes