LONDON, February 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- 2.69% Fixed for 5 Years
first direct, recent winner of the Consumer Moneyfacts Remortgage Buyers' Choice award, today launches a market leading five year fixed rate mortgage at 2.69%. Borrowers with a 35% deposit or equity will be able to take advantage of this rate fixed for 5 years. The rate has a £1,999 booking fee, and is the lowest in the market for a five year fixed deal.
Rachel Springall at Moneyfacts commented:
"The new five year fixed deal launched by first direct has a market leading rate of 2.69%, which is great to see for longer term deals.
"In addition, first direct was also given the Best Customer Service Award in the recent Consumer Moneyfacts Awards 2013, voted for by the consumer, showing it's a trusted brand."
Andy Forbes, Head of Retail Products at first direct commented:
"Over the last month we have seen borrower appetites increase for longer term fixed rate mortgage deals. In response to this demand we have reviewed our offers to ensure that we continue to give our customers access to the most competitive rates available."
first direct also has a range of shorter term fixed rates and tracker deals available:
- 65% LTV 2.19% 2 Year Fixed rate with a £1,999 fee
- 65% LTV 2.49% 2 Year Fixed rate with a £999 fee
- 65% LTV 2.38% Life Tracker with a £1,699 fee
- 65% LTV 2.54% Life Tracker with a £999 fee
Fee free means:
- No booking fee
- No arrangement fee
- No standard valuation fee
first direct will cover the cost of one standard valuation where this is required as part of the mortgage application. Additionally, where it is a straight forward transfer from another lender, first direct also pays the standard legal costs.
first direct facts
- Winner of Moneywise Most Trusted Mortgage Provider 4 years running
- Winner of Which? Best Financial Provider and Moneywise Most Trusted Financial Provider 3 years running
- Top financial institution in the Which? Customer Satisfaction Survey with an all-time high of 93%
- Ranked first in the Retail Banking Satisfaction Study by J D Power & Associates for two years running
- Received 90% customer satisfaction in a survey carried out by MoneySavingExpert.com (Feb 2012)
first direct provides both telephone banking and online banking services to its 1.2m customers. It offers a full range of personal banking products including its award winning Current Account and offset mortgages.
SOURCE first direct