ALTRINCHAM, England, January 20, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Interact Intranet call for public vote in deciding winner of global nonprofit competition
Interact Intranet, the intelligent intranet software company, today announced seven finalists in their global nonprofit competition. This year, for the first time, Interact are asking the public to vote for the nonprofit they think are most worthy of winning the top prize - a free Interact Intranet worth £45,000/ $60,000.
Each of the 7 finalists, selected from over 50 entries, has produced a short video detailing why they think they should be the winners of this fantastic competition. The public simply have to watch each video and then vote for their favourite.
Interact CEO, Dr Nigel Danson comments, "Each of the finalists are worthy winners, which is why we need the public to help us decide who should win the top prize. The public vote is also a great way for Interact to help raise awareness of each of the nonprofits' causes, which will hopefully generate more donations in the future. We really hope the public will get involved in helping us make this tough decision."
The 7 finalists are:
- War Child - provides life-changing support to the most vulnerable children whose families, communities and schools have been torn apart by war.
- Trinity Hospice - delivering skilled, compassionate end-of-life care that helps patients, their families, and carers, across seven boroughs in central and south west London for over 125 years.
- Acumen - raises charitable donations to invest in companies, leaders, and ideas that are changing the way the world tackles poverty.
- The Houston Zoo - provides a fun, unique, and inspirational experience fostering appreciation, knowledge, and care for the natural world.
- Autism Wessex - a regional charity providing high-quality specialist services for people affected by autism and associated difficulties across the counties of Dorset, Somerset, Hampshire and Wiltshire.
- MS Society - the UK's leading MS charity, delivering information and support, funding research and campaigning for change.
- Action for Blind People - a national charity with local reach, providing practical help and support to blind and partially-sighted people of all ages.
Voting closes on the 13th February 2015 with the winner being announced shortly after. The public vote along with the Interact judging panel, will determine which nonprofit is selected as the overall winner.
You can watch all 7 of the finalists video's and vote for your favourite at http://www.interact-intranet.com/meet-interact-7
Contact: Kelly Connor, +44(0)161-9273222, email@example.com
SOURCE Interact Ltd / Odyssey Interactive Ltd