More Customers Can Now Enjoy the Simplicity, Performance and Reliability of the FileMaker Custom App Platform Without Having to Deploy and Maintain a Server
SANTA CLARA, California, March 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Today FileMaker, Inc. announced that its cloud platform for managing and running custom apps, FileMaker Cloud, is now available in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. In addition to the U.S.-based data centers in Oregon and Northern Virginia, customers may select from the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Regions of Ireland and Frankfurt. FileMaker Cloud provides the simplicity, performance and reliability of the FileMaker Platform without having to spend time and resources deploying and maintaining a server.
Learn more about FileMaker Cloud.
FileMaker Cloud provides organizations looking to develop and manage custom mobile apps with minimal administrative overhead, speedy deployment, low upfront costs and instant scalability. This builds on FileMaker's commitment to empower organizations of all sizes to improve business operations through custom app solutions.
The advantages of FileMaker Cloud include:
- Network security: Supports industry standard SSL/TLS-level encryption; includes a configured and installed 90-day trial SSL certificate.
- Fast deployment: Customers do not need to set up hardware and install software; FileMaker Cloud is up and running in 20 minutes or less.
- Automatic backups: Backups are created and preserved automatically when auto-maintenance is enabled. Data can be restored from any preserved backup or from a single file or a specific set of records.
- Separate data and configuration set up: Software upgrades, maintenance and service restart can be completed more quickly and easily because developers' FileMaker files are separated from their instance of FileMaker Cloud.
- FileMaker Cloud Admin Console: Provides a dashboard view of system and custom app performance with a user-friendly design.
Ann Monroe, vice president of worldwide marketing, FileMaker, Inc., said: "FileMaker's goal is to make day-to-day operations easier for businesses so they can focus on their core competencies. With FileMaker Cloud, custom app developers are freed from the burden and cost of installing and configuring servers and benefit from AWS's scalability. We are happy to extend these capabilities to Europe, Middle East and Africa."
Shashibhushan G. Borade, CTO, Case Medical, said: "It's a true benefit to work with two recognized brands like FileMaker and AWS. Using FileMaker Cloud, the hospitals we work with can be confident about service reliability and our association with two trusted organizations."
About FileMaker, Inc.
FileMaker, Inc., an Apple subsidiary, delivers simply powerful software for easily creating custom apps that work seamlessly across iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac, and the web. Business teams use the FileMaker Platform to streamline their operational processes, boosting overall productivity. www.filemaker.com
© 2017 FileMaker, Inc. All rights reserved. FileMaker, FileMaker Go and the file folder logo are registered trademarks of FileMaker, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. FileMaker WebDirect and FileMaker Cloud are trademarks of FileMaker, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Prices are listed in U.S. Dollars and subject to change without notice.
SOURCE FileMaker, Inc.