- Ariane Gorin Promoted to Senior Vice President and General Manager
DALLAS and LONDON, June 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Expedia group (NASDAQ: EXPE) announced today that Ariane Gorin will assume responsibility for the Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN) as Senior Vice President and General Manager. Gorin will begin her duties immediately.
EAN began as a standalone brand within the Expedia group approximately five years ago and will remain independently run under Gorin's leadership. Gorin will report to the President of the Hotels.com and Venere.com brands, Johan Svanstrom. This structure will enable EAN affiliates to benefit even more from focus on the hotel product, online retail experience and technology, thus, bringing greater consumer expertise to the business-to-business space.
"I am thrilled to join the Expedia Affiliate Network team that is at the heart of two of my passions – travel and technology," said Gorin, Senior Vice President and General Manager of the Expedia Affiliate Network. "This new role allows me to leverage my previous business-to-business experience to help the Expedia Affiliate Network's more than 7,500 affiliates win consumers and grow their share of wallet in the travel space," added Gorin.
Prior to assuming this role, Gorin led the Expedia group's Market Management organization in Europe, the Middle East and Africa for 14 months. In this role, she partnered closely with brand marketing and web marketing teams to align hotel supply and traveller demand as well as maximize company investments, while continuing to build strong supplier relations and leadership capabilities in the region. Prior to joining the Expedia group, Gorin held various sales and marketing roles at Microsoft and worked as a consultant at Boston Consulting Group.
About the Expedia® Affiliate Network
Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN) is a brand within the Expedia group, one of the world's leading online travel businesses. EAN creates the tools and technology that help millions of travellers find the perfect hotels for their next trips. EAN works with more than 7,500 partners in 33 countries to turn their web traffic into hotel bookings and happy customers. For more information on EAN visit www.ean.com.
About the Expedia group
The Expedia group is one of the largest online travel companies in the world, with an extensive brand portfolio that includes some of the world's leading online travel brands, including:
- Expedia.com®, the world's largest full service online travel agency, with localized sites in 31 countries
- Hotels.com®, the hotel specialist with sites in more than 60 countries
- Hotwire®, a leading discount travel site that offers opaque deals in 12 countries throughout North America, Europe and Asia
- Egencia®, the world's fifth largest corporate travel management company
- eLong™, the second largest online travel company in China
- Venere.com™, the online hotel reservation specialist in Europe
- trivago®, a leading online hotel metasearch company with sites in 45 countries
- Expedia Local Expert®, a provider of online and in-market concierge services, activities and experiences in hundreds of destinations worldwide
- Classic Vacations®, a top luxury travel specialist
- Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, one of North America's leading retail cruise vacation experts
- CarRentals.com™, the premier car rental booking company on the web.
The company delivers consumers value in leisure and business travel, drives incremental demand and direct bookings to travel suppliers, and provides advertisers the opportunity to reach a highly valuable audience of in-market consumers through Expedia Media Solutions. Expedia also powers bookings for some of the world's leading airlines and hotels, top consumer brands, high traffic websites, and thousands of active affiliates through Expedia Affiliate Network. For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc.
Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. © 2014 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. CST: 2029030-50
SOURCE The Expedia group