LONDON, March 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Independent Oil & Gas' (IOG) acquisition of a 100% stake in block 48/22a from Swift Exploration for £468,000, reinforces the trend of smaller, more frequent transactions by IOCs, NOCs and independents replacing the days of the mega mergers.
This is highlighted by the statement that 2013 saw $5.73 billon-worth of deals in Europe brokered in 33 deals, a 5-fold increase on deal count from 2012 but a 47% decrease in deal value.
This shift will be explored at the Acquisition and Divestiture Summit, taking place 24-26 March in London. This summit will bring together leading oil and gas companies to explore regional investment, portfolio strategies and tactics in garnering finance.
- Rudolf Kleiber, Founder & CEO, Nordic Energy PLC
- Marc de Saint Gerand, Director - Oil & Gas Project & Export Finance, Standard Chartered Bank
- Dr. Gregor H. Neunzert, Director Business Development, Bayerngas NorgeAS
- Ir Erik W. Steenken, CEO, Tulip Oil Holding BV
- Obiajulu Ihekoromadu, Chairman and CEO, Niger Omega
- Martin McAspurn-Lohmann, Executive Director, Head of Oil & Gas, Santander GBM
- Matt Lofgran, CEO, Nostra Terra Oil and Gas
- Richard Selwa, Founder and Chairman, Unmanned Production Buoy
- Ongun Yoldemir, CEO, Merty Energy
- Mike Lakin, Director, Evoi Ltd
- Mark McAllister, President and CEO, PA Resources
- Alexander Msimang, Managing Partner, Vinson & Elkins RLLP
- Neil Ritson, CEO, Leni Gas and Oil
This event will be sponsored by Envoi Ltd and Hannon Westwood.
Press are invited to attend this important industry forum. If you would like a complimentary press pass please email Nishkala Thiru at Nishkala.Thiru@iqpc.co.uk.
SOURCE Oil & Gas IQ