DUBLIN, March 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Europe e-commerce Logistics 2013" report to their offering.
Despite a weak economy, European e-commerce activity is flourishing. In 2012, the region's e-commerce market grew by 12%, despite a decline in overall retail sales for the same period.
Online-only retailers, known as pure plays, initially benefited from the swift increase in e-commerce sales. However, now brick & mortar retailers are fighting back and as a result, some are experiencing double-digit growth in their online offerings.
The ability to not only adapt to a changing retail industry, but also to respond to these changes with a flexible, agile supply chain is now a necessity for retailers to survive. Some retailers, such as Jessops and Comet in the UK, have been too slow to adopt a multi-channel approach and this has, in part, resulted in both companies being declared bankrupt.
Logistics providers and postal services have also had to respond quickly to the rapid rise in demand for e-commerce solutions. Although providers have developed tailored solutions for transport, fulfilment and returns, few have developed the sophisticated services which e-retailers demand. Therefore, a large proportion of e-retail logistics functions are still not out-sourced.
This new report Europe e-commerce Logistics 2013 provides unique analysis of the latest trends in the region's e-commerce market; including a breakdown of the market by individual countries. The report also provides overviews of major retailers' supply chains as well as profiles of the key logistics providers and postal services providing e-commerce solutions in Europe.
What will you learn from Europe e-commerce Logistics 2013?
- A detailed overview of the market as well as recent trends and developments
- A breakdown of the e-commerce markets in individual European countries, providing an in-depth summary of each market
- Analysis of the differences between B2B, B2C and Pure Play e-commerce
- Total market sizing and growth forecasts
- A thorough examination of major retailers' European supply chains
- E-retail transport and logistics services including warehousing and fulfilment, reverse logistics, express and parcel logistics.
- Analysis of the e-commerce solutions provided by Europe's post offices
- Comprehensive profiles of postal providers and logistics providers.
To view a sample of this report, please click here
Key Topics Covered:
1.0 Executive Summary
4.0 e-commerce Market Size and Overview
5.0 e-commerce Logistics Market Size
9.0 Supply Chain Overviews
10.0 Payment Services
11.0 Logistics & Transportation Services
12.0 Logistics Providers
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/m5sftl/europe_ecommerce
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
SOURCE Research and Markets