The study analyzes the supply market dynamics and forecasts future revenues for key biosimilars in the European region. It also identifies the six key issues to determine the strategic imperatives for success and growth in this market. Moreover, it includes an in-depth analysis of the biosimilar value chain and the payer and regulatory environment.
By assessing the impact of trends, disruptive technologies, and new business models, the study arrives at key visioning scenarios for the biosimilars market in Europe. These will help market participants make strategic decisions, stay ahead of their competitors, and gain a significant share in the market. The study also sheds light on strategic partnerships among companies in the European biosimilars market.
About 30 companies are actively developing biosimilar medicines and are researching on the biosimilar versions of 16 distinct molecules that will lead to greater competition by 2020, with 8 major biologic medicines expected to lose exclusivity by 2020.
The next five years are going to be an interesting period in the biosimilars market as a number of biologic drugs are going to lose their exclusivity. On the one hand, this will significantly reduce costs for patients and health systems, on the other, it will pose challenges for regulators to confirm the similarity of the biosimilar to the original biologic in terms of efficacy and safety. The experience of European healthcare companies has been encouraging in the 10 years since the endorsement of the first biosimilar in the EU.
Pricing and physician awareness and support from the regulatory agencies are expected to be key factors driving success in the biosimilars market. Europe is expected to remain the largest contributor to biosimilars revenue worldwide for the next 5-7 years.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Dashboard
2. Growth Environment
3. Drivers and Restraints - Total European Biosimilars Market
4. Growth Opportunity and Market Forecast - Total European Biosimilars Market
5. Growth Opportunity and Market Forecast of Key Biosimilars - Oncology
6. Growth Opportunity and Market Forecast of Key Biosimilars - Diabetes
7. Growth Opportunity and Market Forecast of Key Biosimilars - Rheumatoid Arthritis
8. Market Challenges - Biosimilars
9. Supply Market Dynamics - Europe
10. Strategic Imperatives and Critical Success Factors for Europe