LONDON, August 31, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
- Two thirds of British adults prefer to go exploring on their holidays according to a new poll
- The national carrier of the UAE is offering a 50% sale on selected routes until 6 September 2016, as well as a prize draw to win one of one hundred experiences on etihad.com
- Fly from London to Australia (via Abu Dhabi) from just £594 return, Abu Dhabi from just £352 return and Bangkok (via Abu Dhabi) from just £406 return
Etihad Airways, the national carrier of the United Arab Emirates, has today announced its annual global sales campaign, targeted at business and economy class guests with up to 50% off on selected routes until 6 September 2016, for travel until June 2017, as well as a prize draw offering $200 credit to one hundred lucky winners. The sale comes at the perfect time as British holidaymakers start to plan their winter sun escape.
To encourage people to make the most of their holidays, Etihad Airways surveyed more than 2,000 British adults through YouGov*, to ask what they would spend their money on when travelling.
The research has shown that over two thirds (69%) of the people sampled, said they prefer to explore their destination in ventures beyond their accommodation whilst abroad - and almost half (49%) said they would spend a competition windfall on cultural tours or dining out.
Additionally, almost a quarter (22%) of the respondents would rather have a shorter stay packed with experiences rather than a longer stay with fewer experiences - suggesting many travellers desire to make the most of being in a new destination.
Etihad Airways' limited edition global sale offers up to 50% off fares to forty-five of the world's most popular destinations, from destinations across Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Americas. In addition, members of the airline's loyalty programme, Etihad Guest, will continue to earn miles on all fares in the sale. The one-off offer is valid for just 7 days, and fares can be booked on Etihad.com between now and 6 September 2016.
James Harrison, General Manager for Etihad Airways in the UK, said: "The UK is a hugely important market to Etihad Airways and so such valued insight into the type of experiences that travellers embrace when abroad, has resulted in us creating a sale offer and prize draw to gratify that quest for exploration."
The sale will cover a wider range of cities including those served by the Etihad Airways Partners. With a combined network of over 400 destinations across six continents, the partners provide even greater access across the combined destinations of Etihad Airways, airberlin, Alitalia, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Etihad Regional, Jet Airways and NIKI.
As well as the 50% sale, there is also a chance for those in the UK and Ireland to enter into a prize draw (with no purchase necessary), by simply sending one email describing their dream travel experience to firstname.lastname@example.org - for the chance to win a $200 Visa gift card, to enjoy on any experience - all with compliments of Etihad Airways. Those who have booked a ticket can also enter the competition via a pop up window after completion of the booking on etihad.com.
Opportunities to add extra value to the holiday could include access to Etihad Airways premium lounge, seat upgrade, spa treatment or dinner for two at a gourmet restaurant - or simply using to stock up on travel essentials at Duty Free prior to or after the flight. The list of experiences travellers can enjoy is endless.
The prize draw will be made on 10 September 2016 and winners will be notified by email by 18 September 2016. For more information and to access the full list of destination fares on offer, please visit etihad.com
Fares from London Heathrow
Destination Economy Class return (LON) Abu Dhabi GBP 352 Bangkok GBP 406 Perth GBP 594
Fares from Manchester
Destination Economy Class return (MAN) Abu Dhabi GBP 384 Bangkok GBP 422 Perth GBP 584
Fares from Edinburgh
Destination Economy Class return (EDI) Abu Dhabi GBP 384 Bangkok GBP 375 Perth GBP 599
Notes to Editors
* All figures, unless otherwise stated, are from YouGov Plc. Total sample size was 2072 adults. Fieldwork was undertaken between 22nd - 23rd August 2016. The survey was carried out online. The figures have been weighted and are representative of all UK adults (aged 18+).
Terms and conditions
- No purchase is necessary for the prize draw. By entering the Promotion, customers agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
- The prize is stated as an "individual experience" consists of a $200 (USD) "Just for you Visa gift card" to be spent on any experience by the individual winner to the value of $200 USD. The prize is non-refundable, non-transferable and non-re-routable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The individual $200 USD gift card will be valid for one year, winners will be able to book & spend the voucher on any experience to the value of $200 USD.
- Etihad Airways is only providing a voucher to buy an individual experience. This does not cover any visas, insurances or cancelations with the experience provider. Etihad Airways is only providing the monetary value to the winner to buy the experience, not the experience itself.
About Etihad Aviation Group
Etihad Aviation Group (EAG) is a diversified global aviation and travel group comprising four business divisions - Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, Etihad Engineering, Hala Group and Airline Equity Partners. The group has minority investments in seven airlines: airberlin, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Alitalia, Jet Airways, Virgin Australia, and Swiss-based Darwin Airline, trading as Etihad Regional.
From its Abu Dhabi base, Etihad Airways flies to, or has announced plans to serve, 117 passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Americas. The airline has a fleet of 122 Airbus and Boeing aircraft, with 204 aircraft on firm order, including 71 Boeing 787s, 25 Boeing 777Xs, 62 Airbus A350s and 10 Airbus A380s. For more information, please visit: Etihad.com
SOURCE Etihad Airways