VANCOUVER, BC, Aug. 2, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The global esports market size reached USD 1,165.6 Million in 2020 and is expected to register a revenue CAGR of 20.7% during the forecast period, according to latest analysis by Emergen Research. Rise in popularity of video games and rapid growth of live esports coverage platforms are major factors driving market revenue growth. Increasing popularity of gaming – primarily for amusement – as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic is a key factor expected to augment revenue growth of the global esports market during the forecast period.
An increasing number of individuals watch esports videos and tournaments as this has become more accessible due to increasing connectivity and expansion of reach and coverage. Esports broadcasters utilize such sites to broadcast live coverage of competitions and their own games. As a result, fans can easily attend their favorite tournaments and connect with their favorite esports players. Furthermore, viewership and broadcasters on these platforms have increased significantly in the recent past as a result.
Free sample PDF Copy of the Report available@ https://www.emergenresearch.com/request-sample/748
However, gambling or betting-related risks and lack of standardization are expected to hamper the global esports market growth to some extent during the forecast period. In addition, esports may not be recommended for individuals below a certain age and the activity could also be deterred by parents of young students and children. Esports indulgence results in longer screen exposure, and some experts indicate that the aggressive nature of some video games can have psychological effects on gamers of varying age groups. Furthermore, threats of community involvement and potential violence spilling out over incidents that happened in the gaming environment into the real world are factors that are currently under consideration among experts and respective panels and groups.
Some Key Highlights From the Report
- In terms of revenue contribution to the global market, the multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) segment is expected to increase rapidly. MOBA is a type of real-time strategy game. Unlike other RTS games, which pit one player against another, this one pits two teams against each other, which is expected to drive revenue growth of this segment to a significant extent as popularity and preference for this type of gaming experience continues to gain traction.
- The media rights segment is expected to register significant revenue growth over the forecast period. Esports comprises numerous different competitions, tournaments, and championships, and the media rights deal is expected to generate significant revenue in the coming years.
- Computer segment is expected to register significantly steady revenue growth over the forecast period owing to rising popularity of computer-based video games among an increasing audience of gamers.
- North America is expected to register fastest revenue growth rate during the forecast period. The North America Scholastic esports Federation (NASEF) is focusing on strengthening the ecosystem by hosting college contests, helping educational institutions in forming esports alliances, and offering coaching and mentorship, which is expected to boost market growth in the region.
- Some major players in the market include Activision Blizzard, Inc., Modern Times Group, Nintendo Co., Ltd., FACEIT, Gfinity plc, Tencent Holdings Ltd., Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., Electronic Arts Inc., Valve Corporation, and Gameloft SE
- In April 2021, Glu Mobile, Inc. was acquired by Electronic Arts Inc. Electronic Arts' acquisition of Glu Mobile is part of the company's expansion plan, which aims to provide more unique experiences and top live services, while also reaching more gamers on more platforms across the globe.
Buy your Exclusive copy [Make Payment ]@ https://www.emergenresearch.com/select-license/748
Emergen Research has segmented the global esports market on the basis of game type, revenue streams, device, and region:
- Game Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- First Person Shooter (FPS)
- Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA)
- Real-time Strategy (RTS)
- Player Versus Player (PvP)
- Revenue Streams Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- Publisher Fees
- Media Rights
- Merchandise & Tickets
- Device Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
Have a look at Report Description and Table of Contents of Market Research Report@ https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/esports-market
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Explore more reports offered by Emergen Research:
Mobile Phlebotomy Services Market By Services (Process & Handling, Specimen Collection, Specimen Shipping), By Application (Cancer, Biosimilar, Vaccine Clinical Trials), By End-Use (Doctors & Nurses, Individuals, Medical Laboratories, and Others), and By Region Forecast to 2028
Life and Pensions Business Processing Outsourcing (BPO) Market By Type, By Services, By Organization Size, By Buyer Type, and By Region Forecast to 2028
Food Delivery Services Market Size, Share, Trends, By Platform (Online, Offline, Online to Offline (O2O)), By Model (Platform to Customer, Aggregators, Full-Stack Model, Restaurant to Consumer Model), By Type, By Application, and By Region Forecast to 2028
Top Food Delivery Services Companies in the World
Top 10 Leading Companies In The Low-cost Satellites Market
Top 10 Leading Cloud TV Companies in The World
Top 10 Companies in the Drone Package Delivery Industry
World Top 10 Companies Offering Artificial Intelligence in BFSI
About Emergen Research
Emergen Research is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Types, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trends existent in the market. Emergen Research has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.
Corporate Sales Specialist
Emergen Research | Web: www.emergenresearch.com
Direct Line: +1 (604) 757-9756
Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | Blogs
Read Full Press Release@ https://www.emergenresearch.com/press-release/global-esports-market