DALIAN, China, April 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
- First economic forum in China dedicated to Equatorial Guinea investment
- One-day summit to be held on April 30, 2015, in Dalian
- Forum strengthens commercial ties between Equatorial Guinea and China
The countdown to the Equatorial Guinea-Asia Economic Forum has begun. In two weeks the President of Equatorial Guinea H.E. Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo will inaugurate the first official summit bringing together Equatoguinean government ministers with China's investment community.
The Shangri-La Hotel in Dalian will host this prestigious event on April 30, 2015. Ministers and representatives from all key ministries will present the investment opportunities of 2015 to an audience of 300 investors from China and the wider region. Delegates will have the opportunity to meet with government ministers to discuss specific projects.
Chinese firms have played an active role in Equatorial Guinea's economic emergence. President Obiang's ministerial delegation will emphasize the strong commercial links that already exist between China and Equatorial Guinea, and will highlight the opportunities for greater economic co-operation in all sectors.
Areas of interest to China's investors include:
- Agriculture - the government of Equatorial Guinea aims to increase productivity, modernize the sector and supply a growing domestic market.
- Energy - the industrial city of Mbini, Luba oil and gas port and the Petrochemicals Revolution project are key areas for investment.
- Mining - a nascent sector in Equatorial Guinea, the government seeks investors to develop mineral resources.
- Telecommunications - Equatorial Guinea is committed to installing world-class communications infrastructure.
- Construction - ambitious development plans by the public sector rely on Chinese construction partners.
The Government of Equatorial Guinea is proud to confirm that the China Dalian International Economic and Technical Cooperation Group (CDIG), China State Construction Engineering Corporation (CSCEC), China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC), China Machinery Engineering Corporation (CMEC) and Sinohydro are supporting the forum. The Government of Dalian is a partner of the Equatorial Guinea-Asia Economic Forum.
Investors are invited to register to attend the forum at http://www.investineg.com, where they can also apply for a meeting with a member of the Equatorial Guinea delegation. Registration and meeting requests are free but places are limited and entry is subject to review.
A press conference will be held on the afternoon of April 30. Media applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a press pass.
Equatorial Guinea-Asia Economic Forum
Media enquiries and press passes: email@example.com
Information, registration and meeting requests: http://www.investineg.com
SOURCE Government of Equatorial Guinea