WASHINGTON and CARLSBAD, California and BOSTON, May 20, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- EBD Group and MassBio present the eighth annual BioPharm America™ international life science partnering conference September 15–17 at Boston Marriott Copley Place in the center of Boston's historic Back Bay. The event brings executives from the life science ecosystem together to de-risk the environment inherent to biotech and engage in disruptive dealmaking.
BioPharm America has been reimagined this year to include:
- Quick pitches by disruptive startups from Boston and around the globe during Biotech Startup Day;
- Biotech presenters selected and interviewed by pharma scouts;
- Five pharma lounges in the main conference hall;
- A gene and cell therapy summit, and more.
Pharmaceutical companies typically send teams of senior executives to meet with potential partners from biotech companies, academic institutions and service providers. AstraZeneca, Bayer HealthCare, Bristol Myers Squibb, EMD Serono, Novo Nordisk, and Shire are just a few large drug developers set to attend.
"BioPharm America plays a vital role in facilitating partnerships across the life science ecosystem for the benefit of each player, and the industry at large," said Anna Chrisman, Group Managing Director of EBD Group.
"We are proud to host BioPharm America again in Boston," said Robert Coughlin, President and CEO of MassBio. "This event draws the best companies from around the world, making it a critical partnering conference for emerging life sciences companies and the companies that seek to partner with them."
Nearly 900 delegates representing 511 companies from 38 countries participated in BioPharm America 2014.
Register before July 10, 2015 to save USD 200. MassBio members receive an additional USD 200 discount by adding the code 'MassBio' in the comments field of the online registration form.
MassBio, a not-for-profit organization that represents and provides services and support for the Massachusetts biotechnology industry, is the nation's oldest biotechnology trade association. Founded in 1985, MassBio is committed to advancing the development of critical new science, technology and medicines that benefit people worldwide. Representing more than 650 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, research hospitals, and service organizations involved in life sciences and health care, MassBio works to advance policy and promote education, while providing member programs and events, industry information, and services.
About EBD Group
EBD Group is the leading partnering firm for the global life science industry. Since 1993, biotech, pharma and medical device companies have leveraged EBD Group's partnering conferences, technology and services to identify business opportunities and develop strategic relationships essential to their success.
EBD Group's conferences are run with the support of leading corporations and international trade associations and include:
- BIO-Europe® and BIO-Europe Spring®, Europe's largest life science partnering conferences, supported by the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
- BioPharm America™, the fastest growing partnering event in North America
- Biotech Showcase™, a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives, co-produced with Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors
- BioEquity Europe, the investor conference co-organized with BioCentury Publications and BIO
- ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, the first dedicated biotech/pharma partnering conference in China, co-produced with ChinaBio® LLC
- Medtech Partnering Forum, EBD Group's partnering event for the innovative medical technology industry, will be the first dedicated medtech partnering conference in Japan
- Biolatam®, facilitating partnering among global life sciences executives in Latin America's vibrant life science hubs.
EBD Group's sophisticated web-based partnering service, partneringONE®, is used as the partnering engine at numerous third-party events around the world, and partnering360® is the open online community of life science dealmakers that enhances partnering experiences throughout the year.
EBD Group is an Informa company. Informa is the largest publicly-owned organizer of exhibitions, conferences and training in the world.
EBD Group has offices in the USA and Europe.
For more information please visit www.ebdgroup.com.
SOURCE EBD Group