STOCKHOLM, Feb 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Enea® (NASDAQ OMX Nordic:ENEA) today announced the launch of Qosmos® ixEngine 5.3, a Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) library for software developers who wish to embed detailed, real-time visibility into their networking or security products.
With Qosmos® ixEngine 5.3, developers benefit from unique value-added software modules and an enhanced software development kit.
New value-added software modules:
- Custom Signature Module: enables developers to create their own signatures in data format - gives complete control for classification of local, specific or proprietary protocols or extensions
- Transactional DPI Module: provides description of user activity within an application (e.g. "download file" inside Facebook) – especially interesting for security products protecting against malware or data loss
- Automated DPI Module: classifies unknown traffic according to probability - allows early detection of new protocols and applications, which reduces number of unknowns while maintaining acceptable accuracy
- Rule Engine Module: makes it easier to implement and modify rules for traffic management and policy control – particularly relevant for Next Generation Firewall (NGFW), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), and malware protection products
- Deep File Inspection Module: efficient detection of file type, file hashing, and metadata extraction for file reconstruction - required for malware detection and data loss prevention
Enhanced software development kit:
- Enriched classification: new, easy-to-use metadata such as "inner transport layer", "L7 protocol", "top application", "content provider", etc.
- Improved flow manager, with multi-instance synchronization and fallback mechanisms – especially important for telecom applications which require robustness and high-availability
- Additional industrial protocol signatures to support IoT and industrial automation applications (SCADA)
- More frequent releases of protocol signatures, which can be updated without restarting application
- Binary compatibility - no need to re-compile customer application for upgrades
Qosmos® ixEngine 5.3 is available immediately for limited deployment and in Q2 2017 for general deployment.
"Qosmos ixEngine 5.3 makes it even easier for developers to build applications, by leveraging significant improvements to the development kit and thanks to the addition of unique value-added software modules", said Thibaut Bechetoille, President of Qosmos. "These modules are comparable to prefab components in the construction industry, and Qosmos, already recognized as an industry innovator, is leading a similar trend in high-tech."
About Qosmos ixEngine
Qosmos ixEngine is the de facto industry-standard for IP classification and metadata extraction engine based on Deep Packet Inspection (DPI). Networking vendors, security specialists, and cloud service providers widely use Qosmos to gain application visibility, accelerate development, strengthen capabilities of new solutions, and benefit from continuous protocol signature updates. Qosmos is a division of Enea since December 2016.
For more information: http://www.qosmos.com/products/deep-packet-inspection-engine/
SVP Marketing and Communications
Phone: +46 709-71-40-11
Phone: +33 1 70-81-19-00
Enea is a global supplier of network software platforms and world class services, with a vision of helping customers develop amazing functions in a connected society. We are committed to working together with customers and leading hardware vendors as a key contributor in the open source community, developing and hardening optimal software solutions. Every day, more than three billion people around the globe rely on our technologies in a wide range of applications in multiple verticals – from Telecom and Automotive, to Medical and Avionics. We have offices in Europe, North America and Asia, and are listed on NASDAQ OMX Nordic Exchange Stockholm AB. Discover more at www.enea.com and start a conversation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enea®, Enea OSE®, Netbricks®, Polyhedra®, Zealcore®, Enea® Element, Enea® Optima, Enea® LINX, Enea® Accelerator, Enea® dSPEED Platform and COSNOS® are registered trademarks of Enea AB and its subsidiaries. Enea OSE®ck, Enea OSE® Epsilon, Enea® Optima Log Analyzer, Enea® Black Box Recorder, Polyhedra® Lite, Enea® System Manager, Enea® ElementCenter NMS, Enea® On-device Management and Embedded for LeadersTM are unregistered trademarks of Enea AB or its subsidiaries. Any other company, product or service names mentioned above are the registered or unregistered trademarks of their respective owner. All rights reserved. © Enea AB 2017.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com
The following files are available for download:
SOURCE Enea AB