- The new medical device landscape: adapt or fade away
MOUNTAIN VIEW, California, June 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Starting 11:00 a.m. EDT on Thursday, June 14, 2012
Online, with complimentary registration
Medical Devices Industry Manager Venkat Rajan for Frost & Sullivan's Healthcare Practice
As part of the Patient Protection and Affordability Care Act (PPACA), a 2.3 percent excise tax goes into effect January 2013 on the sale of nearly all medical devices not sold direct to consumers. Though there are a number of legislative and other legal measures in play that could remove the provision before it goes in to effect, the potential of the tax has been identified as the trigger behind a number of significant organizational changes that have already taken place within many major medical devices companies.
New business models and other healthcare cost containment pressures beyond the reform bill have forced companies to rethink their long term strategies and approach to product development. Frost & Sullivan's keynote presentation will take a look at the potential effects of those changing dynamics, and what it could mean long term for stakeholders across the supply chain of medical devices.
In addition to Frost & Sullivan's keynote presentation, other speakers and moderators include:
- Editor-in-Chief Shana Leonard of Medical Product Manufacturing News and Qmed.com
- Editor-in-Chief Heather Thompson of Medical Device + Diagnostic Today
- Managing Editor Brian Buntz of Medical Device + Diagnostic Industry
- Sr. Sales Engineer Brent Hahn of Accumold
- Technical Director John Whynott of Mikrotech, LLC
- Associate Editor Camilla Andersson of European Medical Device Technology
- Editor-in-Chief Norbert Sparrow of China Medical Device Manufacturer
Hosted by Medical Device + Diagnostic Industry, Medical Product Manufacturing News, Qmed, and China Medical Device Manufacturer, this virtual event and conference is solely dedicated to outsourced medical device design and development. Attendees will benefit from a variety of presentations, panel discussions, and chat sessions that will serve to educate medical device OEMs on a selection of contract manufacturing topics. By attending this virtual conference, attendees can interact and network directly with industry experts and peers, download information and view presentations direct from their desktop.
For more information about Frost & Sullivan's Healthcare practice, please visit: http://www.frost.com/HC
- To attend the briefing, email email@example.com your full name, job title, company name, company telephone number, company email address and website, city, state and country.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Frost & Sullivan
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan