NEW YORK, March 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Presentations to feature new STEM journals, open access, scholarly communications, promoting women scientists, and Reference Modules in chemistry
Experts from Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, will showcase Reaxys®, a workflow solution for research chemists, and other electronic solutions at the 247th ACS National Meeting in Dallas, March 16-20, 2014.
Presentations by Elsevier experts in special workshops and at-booth talks (booth #1313) during ACS Dallas will explore Elsevier's new STEM journals, open access, scholarly communications, promoting women in science, and Reference Modules in Chemistry, Molecular Sciences and Chemical Engineering. ACS, the American Chemical Society, is the world's largest scientific society.
"The ACS national meeting provides us the opportunity to showcase Elsevier's focus on science and engage with researchers, educators, authors and other experts and colleagues," said Jurgen Swienty-Busch, Product Development Director for Reaxys. "We value this time because we're able to listen, gather feedback and inform these experts, which is how we improve our offerings and lead the way in advancing science, technology and health."
Elsevier speakers will be presenting the following topics (full list at Elsevier's ACS Dallas website):
On the ACS agenda:
- "Bridging worlds: Speaking Multiple Scientific Languages" by Jessica Peterson, Pieder Caduff, David Evans, Jurgen Swienty-Busch, Elsevier - Sunday, March 16, 8:45-9:10 am, Section A, Omni Dallas Hotel, Deep Ellum A, CINF 1
- "From Searching to Finding: New Developments for Managing Large Data Sets" by Jurgen Swienty-Busch, David Evans, Elsevier - Wednesday, March 19, 9:15-9:45 am, Section A, Omni Dallas Hotel, Deep Ellum A, CINF 067
Elsevier Talks - Booth #1313
- "Poster in my Pocket App," Demo and Presentation by Darren Sugrue, Senior Marketing Manager - Sunday, March 16, 7-7:10 pm
- "Work-life Satisfaction in STEM Careers" by David Ruth, Director of the Elsevier Foundation - Monday, March 17, 10-10:10 am
- "Open Access" by Paul Carton, Publishing Director, Chemistry - Monday, March 17, 11:30-11:40 am
- "Promoting Women Scientists in the Developing World" by David Ruth, Director of the Elsevier Foundation - Monday, March 17, 2-2:10 pm
- "Mendeley for Chemists" by William Gunn, Head of Academic Outreach, Mendeley - Tuesday, March 18, 2-2:10 pm
Elsevier Author Workshops - Tuesday, March 18, Dallas Convention Center, Rm. D220
- "How to Successfully Publish Scientific Articles" by Natalie Steffen, Publisher, and Prof. Thomas Strassner, Editor, Journal of Organometallic Chemistry, 9:30-11 am
- "Strategies for Staying Ahead of the Changes in Scholarly Communication" by William Gunn, Head of Academic Outreach, Mendeley, 11 am - 12 pm
To highlight the strength of Elsevier journal content, Elsevier editors handpicked recent articles relating to the theme of the ACS Spring Meeting, "Chemistry and Materials for Energy," from selected Elsevier energy and fuels journals. Selected articles will be included in an ACS Energy Virtual Special Issue, available online free until May 2014.
In addition, Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Parak, advisory board member for the Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, will host a symposium on 'Interaction of Cells with Colloidal Particles' on Sunday, March 16, at ACS.
For the full schedule of Elsevier Talks and Author Workshops, a list of Elsevier publishers at the conference, and details on Elsevier's St. Patrick's Day Treasure Hunt competition, consult Elsevier's ACS Dallas website.
Reaxys® is a workflow solution for research chemists. Offering a wealth of experimentally validated information, Reaxys® combines reaction and substance data in organic, organometallic, inorganic and physical chemistry with synthesis planning. Researchers can get the information they need in a single overview, from source publications carefully selected for their importance and relevance to research chemists. Elsevier continues to engage with the chemistry community to ensure that Reaxys® continues to reflect how chemists think and work. For more information please visit Reaxys.
Reaxys and the Reaxys trademark are owned and protected by Reed Elsevier Properties SA and used under license.
Elsevier is a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services. The company works in partnership with the global science and health communities to publish more than 2,000 journals, including The Lancet and Cell, and 25,000 book titles, including major reference works from Mosby and Saunders. Elsevier's online solutions include ScienceDirect, Scopus, SciVal, Reaxys, ClinicalKey and Mosby's Suite, which enhance the productivity of science and health professionals, helping research and health care institutions deliver better outcomes more cost-effectively.
A global business headquartered in Amsterdam, Elsevier employs 7,000 people worldwide. The company is part of Reed Elsevier Group PLC, a world leading provider of professional information solutions in the Science, Medical, Legal and Risk and Business sectors, which is jointly owned by Reed Elsevier PLC and Reed Elsevier NV. The ticker symbols are REN (Euronext Amsterdam), REL (London Stock Exchange), RUK and ENL (New York Stock Exchange).
Director, Corporate Relations