LONDON, January 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Tweet your questions ahead of the Pharma Summit at @EC_PharmaSummit -
- New Speaker Confirmed - Stephen Whitehead, Chief Executive Officer, ABPI -
Economist Conferences is holding its 18th Annual Pharma Summit 2012 in London on Thursday, 9th February 2011. The event will be held in London at Hotel Russell, 1-8 Russell Square, Bloomsbury, from 8:30am to 5pm.
The Pharma Summit has become a key global event for the healthcare industry, attracting some of the most influential names in pharmaceuticals and healthcare. This year's theme 'Finding New Directions', will assess the difficult strategic choices facing the industry as R&D costs escalate and other more reliable revenue streams become increasingly attractive.
The Pharma Summit will bring together over 200 senior executives from the some of the world's top pharmaceutical companies, with a series of keynotes, panel discussions, interviews and debates. Tailored for its audience, discussion will focus on a number of topical issues and thought provoking sessions such as emerging healthcare models and the role pharma can play in them, the real implications of patient-centric healthcare and the scientific innovations that will transform the future of the industry.
To get the latest updates from The Pharma Summit, submit your questions, and to join in with the discussions on the day, make sure you are following us on Twitter @EC_PharmaSummit
Get access to some of the industry's leading experts including new speaker:
- Simon Dingemans, Chief Financial Officer, GlaxoSmithKline
- Sir Andrew Dillon, Chief Executive Officer, NICE
- Anders Ekblom, Executive Vice-president, Global Drug Development, AstraZeneca
- Freda Lewis-Hall, Chief Medical Officer and Executive Vice-president, Pfizer
- Bruno Strigini, President, Europe/Canada, Merck & Co
- Patrick Flochel, Partner, EMEIA Life Sciences Leader, Ernst and Young
- Stephen Whitehead, Chief Executive Officer, Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry
- Theresa Heggie, Senior Vice-president, Global Commercial Operations, Shire HGT
- John Pottage, Chief Scientific and Medical Officer, ViiV Healthcare
- Wendy White, Founder and President, Siren Interactive
- Andrew Baum, Managing Director, Citi
- Simon Moroney, Chief Executive Officer, MorphoSys
- Brian Griffin, Chief Executive Officer, Medco International
- Nina Schwalbe, Managing Director, Policy and Performance, Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization
- Tachi Yamada, Chief Medical and Scientific Officer, Executive Vice-president and Board Member, Takeda Pharmaceuticals International
A drinks reception will also follow the event in the Woburn Suite, Hotel Russell, where you can join Olympic, Paralympic and World Champions, who are representing the Dame Kelly Holmes Legacy Trust. This charity supports disadvantaged young people through mentoring from world class athletes, getting them fit for work and fit for life.
To find out more information and to register, please go to http://www.thepharmasummit.com, and complete the online form.
About Economist Conferences
Economist Conferences, a division of the Economist Intelligence Unit, is the leading provider of international forums for senior executives seeking new insights into strategic issues. These meetings include industry conferences, management events and government roundtables held around the world. As part of The Economist Group, the publisher of The Economist newspaper, Economist Conferences is a highly respected brand with a 163-year history and an unrivalled reputation for excellence and independence.
Each meeting organised by Economist Conferences delivers objective and informed analysis. Its meetings provide unusually high-level forums where senior executives can gain insights, exchange views and compare strategies.
This press release has been issued by M:Communications on behalf of The Economist Conferences' The Pharma Summit 2012.
For further information please contact Claire Dickinson or Hollie Vile at M:Communications, email@example.com, Tel: +44(0)20-7920-2360
Helen Mulligan, Economist Conferences
For further information on event registration, or to request an interview with any of the speakers at the Economist Conferences' The Pharma Summit 2012, contact Claire Dickinson or Hollie Vile at M:Communications.
SOURCE Economist Pharma Summit