LONDON, August 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- The global sustainable construction event will connect industry professionals to help them network, learn and discover new products and innovative solutions
- Ecobuild regularly attracts 1,000 exhibitors and 45,000 visitors from 120 countries
- Ecobuild 2014 takes place at ExCeL London on Tuesday 4 to Thursday 6 March
As Ecobuild gears up to celebrate its 10th anniversary, the organiser of the event, UBM Live Built Environment, is delighted to announce some of the new plans for 2014.
Each year Ecobuild hosts the most comprehensive showcase of sustainable construction products in the world. It provides a platform for businesses representing the entire spectrum of sustainable construction products for new build, refurbishment, residential, commercial and industrial projects.
Ecobuild brings together the entire supply chain in order to focus on the green agenda and help them realise the vision of delivering a more sustainable built environment.
Why is it important?
Alison Jackson, newly appointed Group Director of Sustainability and Construction at UBM Live Built Environment, comments: "The business case to achieve this vision has never been stronger. The ambition to create a sustainable built environment through better design and construction is at the heart of Ecobuild. It drives economic growth and ensures a built environment that is fit for purpose and contributes to global priorities such as climate change, energy security and job creation."
Over the past decade, the UK has pioneered the toughest sustainability legislation in the world. In response to this, Ecobuild has been a vital platform for raising standards, and the event is committed to further investing in the sustainability credentials of the industry, as well as the show itself, by partnering with the right organisations and key influencers across the supply chain.
What's happening in 2014?
"Ecobuild's anniversary made us reflect on the past 10 years and refocus on what the event is all about," explains Jackson. "Our aim is to bring industry professionals together with a common purpose - to create a cleaner, greener, efficient and more sustainable built environment."
In 2014 the Ecobuild experience will be easier to navigate than ever before, thanks to the introduction of three core areas to the event:
- The Sustainable Design and Construction zone focuses on the topic that has been at the heart of Ecobuild since it launched a decade ago. Here, visitors can learn about the latest design ideas, future construction materials, lighting and technical solutions to sustainable construction challenges. New and existing innovations, such as the role of Building Information Modelling (BIM) will be a central feature of the 2014 show.
- The Connecting Future Cities zone will incorporate a range of topics from biodiversity and greening cities to infrastructure, water and waste, technology and transport -all of which are crucial to creating a sustainable future for an ever changing global population.
- The Energy zone addresses another hot topic for Ecobuild 2014, championing key energy issues and providing guidance and practical advice on policy and legislation. This area will include a range of features on renewable energy, resource management and energy efficiency.
Ecobuild 2014 will also feature an unrivalled information programme, attracting over 600 speakers. Free to attend, it champions the business case for more sustainable buildings and helps visitors respond to complex and demanding sustainability legislation. At the heart of the programme is debate, learning and information exchange, led by internationally renowned academics, politicians, industry leaders and celebrity speakers.
In response to overwhelming audience demand, all speakers will now appear on the show floor and there will be two spectacular arenas to house the conference programme. Within the three main areas there will also be six core content zones, focusing on:
- Green Energy
- Future Cities and Green Infrastructure
- Building Performance and BIM
- Refurbishment and Retrofit
- Water, Waste and Materials
2014 will also see an emphasis in bringing exhibitors and visitors closer together through an array of networking opportunities and social events.
About UBM Live Built Environment - organiser of Ecobuild:
UBM Live Built Environment, organiser of Ecobuild, is a specialist events, data and media solutions business focussed on the construction, property, architecture and interiors communities worldwide.
UBM Live Built Environment's award-winning brands are widely acknowledged as some of the most iconic brands in the built environment including Ecobuild, Interiors UK, Sleep Europe, RESI, Building, Property Week, Building Design and Barbour ABI.
SOURCE Ecobuild 2014