- EchoStar to make its first appearance at ANGACable; highlights (hall 10.1, stand number O34) include the Ultra Slim Box 'the slimmest digital TV recorder in the world', an Android™-powered IP set-top box and an advanced, multi-tuner cable gateway.
STEETON, England, June 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS), a leading supplier of added-value, connected device solutions to the digital TV industry, will showcase a variety of highly innovative and versatile connected device solutions at ANGACable 2012 in Cologne, Germany, 12 – 14 June 2012. Advanced solutions for pay TV operators will be featured alongside EchoStar's rapidly expanding retail product range, which includes the Slingbox® suite of TV Anywhere products from Sling Media and EchoStar branded digital set-top boxes (STBs). The company will showcase an array of products that will enable pay TV operators to exploit the potential of IP connectivity and expand their business models into new markets.
Showcasing in hall 10.1, stand number O34:
- Ultra Slim Box – recently launched on the UK's Freeview+ HD platform, the product is the slimmest commercially available digital TV recorder in the world. Despite a compact form factor of just 14mm deep, the Ultra Slim Box's feature set is uncompromised with a high capacity 500GB hard disk drive, twin tuner, HDMI® connection and Internet connectivity for accessing over-the-top (OTT) content.
- Android™-powered IP set-top box - designed to enable operators and content providers to enrich their service portfolios by extending services over IP using an extensive, scalable web-centric application development platform.
- Advanced Cable Gateway - delivering the next generation in cable services, the fully-functioning advanced gateway combines wide band multi-tuner cable TV reception, personal video recording and the ability to share content with client devices inside or outside the home.
- TV Anywhere - a TV anywhere device ecosystem including Slingbox® retail products, integrated SlingLoaded® technology and whole home DVR based industry standards and protocols and incorporating a number of client solutions interfacing with an Advanced Cable Gateway.
- Complete range of cable connected devices - including the recently launched HDC-420; an advanced, high definition (HD) STB that is pre-integrated with CA and embedded software. EchoStar will also showcase its HDC-600 series Unitymedia DVR. All connected devices - from entry-level HD STBs to fully-featured advanced cable gateways – have been designed to support the industry's leading conditional access and middleware solutions.
"From the world's slimmest commercially available DVR to our latest multi tuner advanced cable solution we intend to illustrate our commitment to connected device innovation," commented Rhod Williams, Senior Vice President and General Manager of EchoStar Europe. "As a forward looking company, we wish to impart our entrepreneurial spirit and show how we intend to support free and pay TV operators to deliver a new generation of services to their customers using the most advanced technology available."
Providing the innovation focus and recently launched to great press accolade in the UK, will be the Ultra Slim Box the slimmest digital TV recorder in the world. Despite a compact form factor, the feature set is uncompromised. Underneath the hood is a high capacity 500GB hard disk drive which allows up to 300 hours of recording space, a twin tuner to ensure that consumers can watch one channel whilst recording another and an HDMI® connection for crystal clear picture quality. Internet connectivity provides access to Smart TV features including over-the-top (OTT) services, catch-up TV and on demand content as well as the ability to upgrade to the latest software and features online. Visitors will also be able to check out the latest Android™-powered STB technology with live TV app demonstrations featuring popular games and other compelling content delivered over the Internet.
To book a personal product demonstration contact: email@example.com.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc. The FREEVIEW+ HD words and logos are trademarks of DTV Services Ltd. HDMI, the HDMI Logo and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC. All other brand and product names are or may be trademarks of, and are used to identify products or services of their respective owners.