- Founder Talks Global Workplace Wellness Strategies During Israeli Nutrition Week
TEL AVIV, Israel, June 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Eating well abroad just got easier as Eat Well Global, Inc., announces a suite of new "nutritionist in your pocket" country guide apps to help business and leisure travelers stay healthy and manage their weight while traveling abroad. The new apps being launched this week at the 10th Israeli Nutrition Week Conference include Eat Well Israel, China, Argentina, Mexico, Japan, Thailand and Venezuela. Eat Well Global founder, Julie Meyer, RD, will present global workplace wellness strategies to prevent obesity at the Israeli Ministry of Health symposium, "Let's Stop the Epidemic," on Thursday.
"Eating well is critical for maintaining energy and staying focused," according to Meyer. "But often travelers don't know how to eat well in a new country and can fall off a healthy eating plan. Our apps fill this need with insights from local registered dietitians to help you find healthy and energizing foods that are also authentic to the region."
- How to Eat Well – A health snapshot of the host country, including market tour, food safety information, typical dishes, etc.
- Where to Eat Well – Nutritionist-approved listings in major cities, including restaurants, markets, delivery services and cooking schools.
- Eating Well with Special Dietary Needs – Low fat? Kosher? Vegan? Gluten-free? Cultural insights plus audio files in local languages make ordering easy.
- Eat Well at Home – Authentic, healthy recipes written by local chefs.
Meyer is also announcing, Eat Well for Business Travel ($1.99), a new app tailored to the special needs of global road warriors.
Israeli Nutrition Week is a natural launching point for the new apps, bringing together 1,500 global health professionals. "Israel has significant culinary diversity," according to Eat Well Israel correspondent, Chef Sagi Schwartz, RD. "I am proud to provide global travelers with insights on how to maintain a healthy eating plan while enjoying the best Israel has to offer." Schwartz will present the Eat Well Israel app during the "New and Exciting Technologies" session on Thursday.
Contact: Jennifer Insel
Eat Well Global, Inc.
SOURCE Eat Well Global, Inc.