LONDON, January 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Intelligent Activity Builder Feature Maximizes Efficiency and Appeal of Instruction
DYMO™/Mimio® debuts their most innovative educational software yet - MimioStudio™ 9 software featuring the ground-breaking MimioStudio ActivityWizard - at the 2012 BETT tradeshow in London, 11 - 14 January. An intelligent solution for generating interactive, high-quality activities and lessons in minutes, MimioStudio ActivityWizard makes it easier than ever for teachers to provide students with multiple learning opportunities based upon proven instructional design principles.
Educators will get a first look and hands-on demonstrations of the newest generation of MimioStudio and its ActivityWizard creation tool, available for Europe, Middle-East and Africa in March. DYMO/Mimio's teaching experts will also host educational seminars at the DYMO/Mimio stand, C76 in the Grand Hall.
A uniquely intelligent activity creator, the MimioStudio ActivityWizard allows teachers to generate exercises targeted for specific ages and grade levels, across core subjects including languages, arts, math, science and social studies. The ActivityWizard automatically populates the activity template with relevant facts from an extensive knowledge engine. Teachers can be confident they are building appropriate exercises into their lessons.
"The launch of MimioStudio 9 software with the new ActivityWizard establishes an entirely new standard for creating exercises and lessons by automating the exercise-creation process, saving a teacher time and minimizing errors," says Manny Perez, General Manager, DYMO/Mimio. "The software brings a new level of simplicity to interactive teaching. Teachers only need to learn a single software program to control all of their MimioClassroom products."
MimioStudio 9 software seamlessly integrates with the complete MimioClassroom suite, including the MimioTeach™ interactive system, which converts any dry erase board into a fully-interactive whiteboard; MimioVote™ assessment system; MimioView™ document camera; and MimioPad™ wireless tablet and MimioCapture™ ink recording system.
A truly universal solution, MimioStudio 9 software is compatible with Windows, Macintosh and Linux operating systems, and is available in 33 languages, including Russian, Swedish, Spanish, Arabic, French, German, Italian and UK English.
MimioStudio 9 Software - Interactive teaching made easy:
- Connect your interactive classroom - Integrates MimioTeach, MimioVote, MimioView, MimioCapture and MimioPad devices seamlessly for a truly user-friendly interactive technology classroom experience
- Maximize learning appeal and effectiveness - Offers a built-in knowledge engine for teachers to generate high-quality, engaging teaching exercises across core subjects in minutes
- Save teachers valuable time - Includes MimioStudio Gradebook to automatically record student answers, eliminating the need for teachers to hand-grade tests when used with the MimioVote student assessment system
- Collaborate and share - Imports files from other interactive teaching technologies so teachers can use content they already have
- Universal solution - Available for download at http://www.mimio.dymo.com in 33 languages, with compatibility for Windows, Macintosh and Linux operating systems
Attendees at the BETT tradeshow will experience DYMO/Mimio's innovative and award-winning family of products and learn how they can transform a conventional classroom into an engaging learning environment. The four-day show will include a live workshop on the topic of "Effective Instruction in the Digital Classroom," hosted by Joe Layng, Senior Learning Scientist. The workshop will take place on Thursday, 12 January at 14.30h in the APEX room.
To receive notification of the availability of the new MimioStudio 9 software with ActivityWizard, visit http://www.mimio.dymo.com/BETTpress to register for the DYMO/Mimio newsletter. To learn more about DYMO/Mimio, visit http://www.mimio.dymo.com. You can also follow DYMO/Mimio on Twitter @MimioTechnology and via Facebook at facebook.com/DYMO.Mimio. Download lesson plans and connect with other educators at http://www.mimioconnect.com and view helpful how-to videos by Mimio Masters on the DYMO/Mimio YouTube Channel at http://www.youtube.com/dymomimio.
DYMO/Mimio was named the 2011 winner for "Best Educational Use of a Device-Specific Application" in the CODiE Awards, a 2011 red dot Award winner for product design, a 2011 IDEA Awards finalist, Tech & Learning Awards of Excellence winner in 2011, Scholastic Administrator's "Best in Tech 2009 & 2010," one of District Administration's "Top 100 Products" in 2010 and 2011, Scholastic Instructor magazine's Teacher's Pick "Best of 2009," and the 2009 ECOO Vendor Excellence Award winner in both "Best Education Solution" and "Best Technology Product."
About Newell Rubbermaid
DYMO is the master brand name for the Newell Rubbermaid technology portfolio. In a world that demands greater productivity and measures it at every opportunity, DYMO provides businesses, educational institutions and consumers with innovative and easy ways to share, manage and organize information with improved efficiency and satisfaction.
Our DYMO brands are organized into four solutions:
- DYMO® / Labeling Identification Solutions include DYMO hand-held label makers, PC connected label and postage printers, plus Industrial labeling tools (http://www.dymo.com).
- DYMO™ / CardScan® Contact Management Solutions include CardScan business card scanners and contact management software (http://www.cardscan.com).
- DYMO™ / Endicia® Postage Technologies include Endicia online shipping and mailing services (http://www.endicia.com), as well as customized postage (http://www.pictureitpostage.com).
- DYMO™ / Mimio® ITT (Interactive Teaching Technologies) include Mimio interactive whiteboard technology, digital ink recorders, document cameras, student response systems and engaging lesson plan content (http://www.mimio.dymo.com).
These complement Newell Rubbermaid's strong portfolio of leading global brands, which also includes Rubbermaid®, Sharpie®, Graco®, Calphalon®, Irwin®, Lenox®, Levolor®, Paper Mate®, Waterman®, Parker®, Goody®, Rubbermaid Commercial Products® and Aprica®.
KRISTIN KELLEY, KETCHUM