POOLE, England, June 30, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- Over 80 different seafood dishes will be cooked simultaneously each day at The Dorset Seafood Festival 2011 (9th & 10th July).
- This will set a new record as the most extensive seafood menu offered at a single event in the world.
- This extensive menu offering will include dishes from around the world; Goan-style fish Biryani with raita sauce, South West fish sushi, seafood pizza and Greek inspired scallops with Metaxa brandy.
- Only FOUR years old, the event is one of the largest seafood festivals in the UK and was enjoyed by 50,000 visitors in 2010.
- Festival celebrity chefs appearing: Mark Hix, Mat Follas, GilesThompson, John Wright, Lesley Waters, Ed Baines, Shaun Rankin, Richard Bertinet, Alex Aitkin, James Weare.
- Festival sponsors: Champagne Pommery (title sponsor), Condor Ferries (leading sponsor). Ringwood Brewery, LloydsTSB, Wines of Chile, Weird Fish, Coast Seafood, Event Insurance Services, Fish Face, Seafish South West and Commercial Recycling. Media partners are the Dorset Echo, Dorset Magazine and Resort Magazine.
- South West Trains offering discount travel to the event for groups.
Please contact Lisa http://www.dorsetseafood.co.uk/media/2010photos/ Worthington Images for hi res Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOT9HaD5Z-k http://www.dorsetseafood.co.uk Website
'We've searched and scoured the globe to find a seafood festival that has served or is planning to serve as many dishes as the Dorset Seafood Festival and it seems there is none in existence,' said Brian Cooper, DSF committee member. 'We have made sure that all tastes are catered for this year and in doing so have produced THE most extensive seafood menu of any existing seafood festival we can find. We are therefore planning to record the event with a well known association to really celeberate its extensive culinary offering. We are blessed with some of the most abundant local waters and talented chefs and we need to tell the world about it!'
Dorset Seafood Festival
PR Agency spokesperson
SOURCE Dorset Seafood Festival 2011