LONDON, October 17, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
New platform and additional features will help the company accelerate its growth in the fast-expanding telehealth sector and add to its already strong base of over 40 major corporates as clients
Doctor Care Anywhere, the UK's leading digital healthcare company, today launches a market-leading new version of its platform to help the company deliver on its aim of providing the best-in-class and most accessible digital doctor and healthcare management service worldwide and accelerate its growth in the fast-expanding telehealth sector.
Doctor Care Anywhere provides 20 minute video and phone GP consultations with UK trained GPs 365 days a year from 8am to 10pm UK time (moving to 24/7 by November 2016) from wherever its members are in the world. The new platform boasts a range of enhanced features and combines a virtual and in-person GP service through its recently announced ground-breaking partnership with Nuffield Health.
An all-new platform
The enhanced platform provides greater flexibility and some brand new features to help members manage the healthcare needs of themselves and their family:
- Book unlimited video and phone appointments
- Combines virtual and in-person GP service
- Get prescriptions home delivered or picked up from the most convenient pharmacy
- E-prescriptions accepted at over a 1,000 stores nationwide
- Have instant referrals and fit notes, if appropriate
- Use Health Tracking to monitor symptoms and lifestyle factors
- Enhanced flexibility for families; parents and carers have the option to book appointments for their children or elderly relatives
- Gives members secure access to medical records, 24/7, on a platform that encrypts all data
- Is available to members whether they are at home or abroad
Growing global membership
Much of Doctor Care Anywhere's 100,000+ strong member base is via corporate clients and they currently service over 40 organisations, with notable names including AXA PPP healthcare Universal Music Group, GE Healthcare and Mumsnet.
Kate Newhouse, CEO of Doctor Care Anywhere, commented:
" Doctor Care Anywhere is designed for the way people live and work today. Most people don't have the time to spend waiting in GP surgeries or chasing appointments. Similarly, managing day-to-day healthcare needs should be easier, no matter where in the world you are. Whether you're at home, in the office, or overseas, Doctor Care Anywhere provides world-class primary healthcare expertise whenever it's needed."
SOURCE Doctor Care Anywhere