DIETZENBACH, Germany, July 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Dimetis GmbH (www.dimetis.com), a leading software developer of broadcast, media, and OSS automation solutions, today announced a major release of BOSS BROADCAST Manager™, a comprehensive broadcast management, remote production and control solution for broadcasting companies such as CBS, ABC/Disney, NBC, Sinclair, Univision, Telemundo, Tribune, ARD, and SRG.
Dimetis BOSS BROADCAST Manager is a comprehensive broadcast management and control software platform for monitoring, configuring, and controlling streaming facilities, multiplex centers, IPTV, Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB) and Advanced Television Systems (ATSC/HDTV). It is a true multi-vendor broadcast network management software application that can monitor a large number of devices independent of manufacturer and technology, while hiding the complexity from the user. Some of the unique features include:
- New Configuration Management - Easier configuration of all components, metadata, and signals in the network by automated workflows.
- Event Scheduler - Scheduling and initiation of multiplex configuration changes upon event boundaries. This enables up to 18 services to be configured automatically and simultaneously.
- New Fault Management - The Error Correlation Engine automatically initiates a redundancy switching process in case of failure, in order to improve service quality. The improved root cause analysis provides robust troubleshooting.
- Inventory - Maintains real-time information of the entire broadcast network facility (both physical and logical).
- Activation Engine - Utilizes the configuration sequence from inventory and communicates with devices or respective element managers using different protocols. Activation can be triggered by the event scheduler or from fault management.
"The Dimetis BOSS BROADCAST Manager platform allows us to manage our broadcast operations more efficiently," said Mr. Gerd Schwager, working in program distribution at the German ARD broadcaster, Südwestrundfunk (SWR) in Baden-Baden. "It is very powerful that they can manage multiple vendors in a broadcast network and we look forward to utilizing the new event scheduler."
"We are excited to offer new BOSS BROADCAST Manager features as part of our solution suite that helps broadcasters streamline their business," said Mr. Thomas Will, CEO of Dimetis, GmbH. "We are dedicated to developing solutions that improve workflow, operational efficiencies and ultimately the financial health of our customers."
Streamlining Operations – For over 18 years Dimetis has developed world-class tools for Media Workflow Automation, Video Workflow Orchestration, Post Production Workflow, NFV/SDN Orchestration and much more. Dimetis is a truly agnostic vendor, interfacing and working with all vendors, hardware or software.
The Dimetis global installed base of customers include such broadcasters as ARD and ZDF in Germany, as well as RAS and Rai Way in Italy and network operators AT&T, A1 Telekom Austria GlobeCast France, Hibernia (USA & Europe), Telstra Australia, and Telenor Norkring Norway. For more information please visit http://www.dimetis.com.
Mr. Glenn Booth
VP of Marketing, Dimetis
+1 (720) 253-5706