BOSTON, June 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
New App Features Interactive Storytelling, Touch Technology, and In App Tweeting
Top global integrated brand agency Digitas announced the launch of Digitas Cache II, an interactive publication. The second in the series, the app is collection of essays, experiences, and sample technologies that investigate today's ever-changing media landscape.
Built in Adobe Air, the app takes advantage of the latest technologies available for an interactive and informative experience. Offering a glimpse into the creativity, innovation and thought leadership that drives the industry, the publication features experts and thought leaders from a variety of capabilities at Digitas.
The full list of contributors for the second issue includes:
- Infinity and the Digital Universe -- Alan Lightman. Lightman, MIT physicist & author of Einstein's Dreams & other books, illuminates the new cosmos we have wrought: infinite data.
- The Rise of the Class Affluent -- George Scribner, SVP, People Planner. Luxe brands seek the "Rich," but who are they? New Digitas research shines light on the affluent in America today.
- Local: The New Global Imperative -- Hannah Kreiswirth, Producer, Digitas and Amber Lee. To stay relevant, global companies must support or adopt local culture. Brands find it in local phenom like The Brooklyn Flea.
- The Opportunities Within -- Brett Leary, VP/Director, Mobile Practice. Tag along on a virtual shopper's journey and explore the seemingly endless choices in mobile technology.
- It's Ok to Touch -- Michael Costantino, Associate Director of Interaction Design, Digitas. A futuristic (and completely immersive) look at the infinite power of touch. Experience the power of tablet touch technology.
- Kill the Campaign -- Dennis Reilly, SVP, Digitas Business Director. Read about the new digital marketing imperatives fueling B2B.
- Choose Your Own Adventure -- Beth McCabe, VP/Director, Social Media and Technology. A self steered journey through social media strategy. Have fun while learning how to avoid common mistakes.
- iTV -- Ashley Swartz, SVP, Marketing and Jeff Freedman, Associate Director, Marketing. Like the remote control, iTV forever changes the way we watch the tube. Disruptive advertising will have little room in the world of TV 3.0.
- Location Innovation -- Sheri Kaufmann, VP/Group Director, Creative. Geo-targeted marketing fueled by mobile technology presents infinite opportunities for brands. Check in now.
- A Day in the Never-ending Day -- Pam Knox, Senior Copywriter. Always on: a tale of copywriting in a world that never powers off.
- Through the Lens -- Marcus White, Senior Art Director. Tag this app: graffiti culture and the All City tale by the app's creator, Marcus White.
- The Download -- Bengt Asplund, Lead Creative, featuring Jesse Suchmann, Associate Director, Creative. Music ownership is messier than ever -- so where does that leave appreciation, and value?
Digitas Cache is available in the iTunes App Store and can be viewed online at DigitasCache.com. This is the second issue from Digitas. The first issue of Cache targeted key industry trends -- from mobile to social to emerging technology to data and location-based design.
Embed the Cache II Video: < iframe width="1280" height="750" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/P2tzNmUazaU?hd=1 " frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
Fully embracing the brands-as-publisher model, Digitas Cache II comes on the heels of the premier brand content event of the year, Digitas' The NewFront. Live streamed to over 250,000 viewers, the event attracted an audience comprised 50 percent of brand marketers.
Digitas clients joined leading content creators, distributors and talent in a dialog on unique digital programming and publishing opportunities. Clients were given a first look and unique access to the latest digital projects and insights, resulting in more than 60 meetings between leading brands and content creators to forge deals and original publishing opportunities. The program, "Pipe Dreams/Pipe Reality," showcased the fortunate challenges for marketers resulting from the proliferation of media opportunity.
In addition, the agency also recently released the Digitas Trends app for the iPad, a compilation of 45 trends across six categories: culture, data, devices, media, mobile, social.
Digitas, the top global integrated brand agency, builds active brands for some of the foremost companies in the world. With a deep understanding of their client's customer's passions and behaviors, the agency combines media creativity, technology, creativity, analytics to ignite emotional bonds between people and brands. Digitas counts Agency of the Year honors from the Festival of Media, OMMA Magazine, Promo Magazine, BtoB Magazine, and Les Agences de l'Annee, France, and has been named to the Advertising Age Digital A-List among its many awards.
Digitas also operates the brand content platform, The Third Act:, producers of first and most well renowned event on digital content, Digital Content NewFront; the healthcare marketing brand, Digitas Health; and, Prodigious Worldwide, the world's only standalone, global digital productions company.
With sister agencies Starcom MediaVest, ZenithOptimedia, Denuo and Razorfish, Digitas is a member of Publicis Groupe's VivaKi -- a global digital knowledge and resource center that leverages the combined scale of the autonomous operations of its members to develop new services, new tools, and new partnerships.
Publicis Groupe [listed on the Euronext Paris Exchange - FR0000130577 - and part of the CAC 40 index] is the world's third largest communications group. With activities spanning 104 countries on five continents, Publicis Groupe offers local and international clients a complete range of advertising services. Web site: http://www.publicisgroupe.com