Strategic partnerships, new business models and value offerings will create new growth opportunities in the United States and EU5 countries, finds Frost & Sullivan
SANTA CLARA, California, Aug. 27, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Frost & Sullivan's latest end-user analysis, Digital Dental Solutions Market, Forecast to 2020, finds that dental practices and dental laboratories have recognized the importance of adopting digital dental solutions in the United States and the EU5 countries (United Kingdom, Spain, Germany, France, and Italy). This sector has seen substantial growth and progressive expansion as business models and value offerings evolve due to high customer demand and replacement of analog devices. Frost & Sullivan expects digital dental solutions to be further utilized in diagnosis and restorative dentistry, especially in implant and oral treatment planning.
"Dental practices and laboratories are moving toward digitization of their practices in order to develop workflow efficiency, increase accuracy, and remain competitive. This trend is driving the uptake of digital dental solutions such as CAD/CAM (computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing) and digital imaging systems," said Brahadeesh Chandrasekaran, Transformational Health Industry Analyst at Frost & Sullivan. "Vendors are launching new device scanners that will meet the needs of different types of dental practices and improve their workloads. Digital dental solutions also enable dental practices to decrease the turnaround time of devices manufactured in dental laboratories and boost diagnosis and impression accuracy while saving costs in the long term."
For further information on this analysis for each country, please visit: http://frost.ly/2pj
In addition, the analysis provides market analytics gathered from more than 350 end users per country, including dental practitioners and dental laboratory technicians. End-user perspectives on market developments and challenges, spending trends, future of digital dentistry, competitive dynamics, and adoption rates are provided across segments such as intraoral and extraoral scanners and imaging, computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) Milling systems, and 3D printers.
Digital dental solutions market future trends include:
- Intraoral (IO) scanners: The adoption of scanners is highest in the United States, with nearly 25% of the dental practices adopting the IO scanners. Currently, the adoption of IO scanners is limited to group practices and hospitals with dental department, and more emphasis is laid by manufacturers on penetrating the solo practices.
- Chairside milling systems: The adoption of chairside milling systems is the highest in Germany compared to other countries in Europe. The market growth is primarily due to reduce the turnaround time of manufacturing devices such as crowns and bridges.
- Digital imaging: The penetration of digital sensors for intraoral imaging is satisfactory in the UK and Spain as the market is driven by the replacement of analog devices. The adoption of 3-in-1 (computed tomography) CBCT systems is expected to expand the market for extraoral imaging in Spain.
- Extraoral scanners and 3D printers: Extraoral scanners and 3D printers in dental practices is very low currently in the dental practices and is expected to remain low due to the preference of IO scanners and milling systems by dentists; and
- Growth in Dental Laboratories: In the Eu5 countries such as France and Italy Dental laboratories have a higher penetration of digital solutions compared to dental practices due to the growing demands from customers, as well as increasing competition.
"A key challenge for 75% of respondents is the high cost of digital solutions; however, the cost is not the only obstacle with 78% of dentists believing that they lack expertise in using digital solutions," observed Chandrasekaran.
Dental Solutions Market Assessment United States and United Kingdom is part of Frost & Sullivan's Transformational Health Growth Partnership Services program.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants. For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Contact us: Start the discussion
Dental Solutions Market Assessment Market
9AB9(92) / 9AB9(93) / 9AB9(94) / 9AB9(95) / 9AB9(96) / 9AB9(97)
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan