BOSTON, LONDON, and MUMBAI, India, February 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
NelsonHall and NASSCOM have launched a new study entitled Digital Customer Experience Services: How India Can Lead the World which reveals that, despite suggestions that the rise of digital channels will lead to reduced outsourcing and a shift away from offshore service delivery, the opposite is the case - and India is set to benefit.
As organizations transform to 'digital customer experience', they will increasingly implement new digital customer service process models, combining:
- High customer-centricity led by customer journey mapping and improved UX design
- Increased emphasis on customer retention and sales
- New technologies such as cloud-based platforms, NLP, analytics, RPA and machine learning, and new channels such as cognitive chatbots
- Improved knowledge base, analytics and insights
- Upskilling of agents to multi-channel with focus on digital channels and proactive support.
However, while it has been widely suggested that the rise in use of digital channels and the decline in voice-based customer service will lead to reduced outsourcing and the transition of services to onshore, the study has found the opposite. Indeed, digital channels will lead to greater adoption of customer service outsourcing with:
- Shoring largely unaffected by the introduction of next generation customer service models, and
- Increased automation/digitalization leading to increased activity in India, especially in areas such as analytics.
The reasons are that customer service organizations will increasingly seek help in designing new digital services, in implementing digital channels & technologies, and in applying analytics. And India excels in these areas, with agents who are highly technically savvy.
Hence, India's CX value proposition will increase, from one based on agent availability and scalability to one of being a high-skill digital CX center of excellence.
While traditional customer service was largely transactional with limited multi- and omni-channel provision, India's advantages were based on the availability of a large, willing and capable talent pool, ease and speed of scalability, and competitive costs. However, in the emerging world of digital CX, India's service delivery will become consultancy/digital transformation-led and provide full digital omni-channel service.
The report Digital Customer Experience Services: How India Can Lead the World is available in full to NASSCOM members and to clients of NelsonHall's CX Services program. It analyses and provides guidance on:
- Changing client requirements and expectations from next generation CX services
- Use of new business models & technologies, and best practice frameworks
- The level of benefit from new business models & technologies
- Case studies of customer service innovation
- A roadmap for achieving leadership in next generation digital CX services.
NASSCOM is the industry association for the IT-BPM sector in India with the primary objective of building a growth led and sustainable technology and business services sector in the country.
NelsonHall is the leading global analyst firm dedicated to helping organizations understand the 'art of the possible' in next generation IT and business services. With analysts in the US, UK, and Europe, NelsonHall provides buy-side organizations with detailed, critical information on markets and vendors (including NEAT assessments) that helps them de-risk their sourcing engagements and make fast and highly informed sourcing decisions. For service providers, NelsonHall provides deep knowledge of market dynamics and user requirements to help them hone & implement their go-to-market strategies.
For media inquiries, please contact: Paul Connolly, email@example.com