DUBLIN, Ireland, November 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets
( http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7wrtm3/dietary_fiber) has announced the addition of the "Dietary Fiber Market, by Product Type (Conventional/Novel & Soluble/Insoluble) & Application (Food & Pharmaceuticals) - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2017" report to their offering.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130307/600769 )
This report analyses the dietary fiber market by geography, applications, and types of dietary fiber. By geography, the report is segmented into Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, and Rest of the World (ROW). The dietary fiber type segment included in this report is based on popular variants, i.e. Conventional/Novel and Insoluble/Soluble. The applications covered are food and pharmaceutical applications. In various applications the purpose of using dietary fiber may be different and depends on the intended health benefit and the functional characteristics of the fiber; and also on upstream factors like availability of type of dietary fiber and the price it demands. The market is estimated from demand side of the market.
This report estimates the market size of the global dietary fiber market both in terms of volume and value. It discusses market drivers, restraint and opportunity, and price trends. It also includes patent analysis. It also tracks the recent activities of market players in terms of product launches, expansion plans, supply contracts, and partnerships and collaborations. In addition, the top 20 players of the dietary fiber market have been profiled in this report.
The global dietary fiber demand is expected to grow from 96,400 metric ton in 2011 to 216,000 metric ton by 2017, at an estimated CAGR of 14.0% from 2012 to 2017. As of year 2011, North America leads dietary fiber consumption with a share of 36% in terms of value, followed by Europe (31%), and Asia-Pacific (17%). Many of the Asia-Pacific companies are now building up their share in the market with the advent of soluble novel fibers across the globe.
The North American region is expected to continue its dominance on the global dietary fiber demands; however, due to the increasing impact for demand of the supplement market for soluble fibers, and the growing drive towards hunting for alternate sources of fibers, the trend may soon change. China and India are the leaders in the Asia-Pacific market, driving the demand for dietary fiber due to the changing lifestyles and growing economies, boosting the need for convenience food sector, the booming pharma sector; and in turn the demand for soluble novel fibers.
Scope of the report
- The report breaks the global dietary fiber consumption market into the following three segments:
- On the basis of geography: The report is divided in regions such as Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, and Rest of the World (ROW); and major countries like U.S., Germany, China, India, and Brazil
- On the basis of type: The report divides the dietary fiber market on the basis of the type as conventional or novel and on the basis of sub-type as insoluble or soluble
- On the basis of application: The dietary fiber market is divided by applications. The important applications considered in this report are food (functional foods, bakery and confectionery, dairy, beverages, meat products, and others) and pharmaceutical (supplements and others).
Key Topics Covered:
2 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3 MARKET OVERVIEW
4 GLOBAL DIETARY FIBER MARKET, BY TYPE
5 GLOBAL DIETARY FIBER MARKET, BY APPLICATION
6 GLOBAL DIETARY FIBER MARKET, BY SOURCE
7 DIETARY FIBER MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
8 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
9 COMPANY PROFILES
- ADM/MATSUTANI LLC
- CARGILL INC.
- COSUCRA GROUPE WARCOING SA
- E.I. DUPONT DE NEMOURS & COMPANY
- FIBERSTAR INC.
- GRAIN PROCESSING CORPORATION
- GRAIN MILLERS INC.
- INGREDION INC. (CORN PRODUCTS INTERNATIONAL)
- KFSU LTD
- LONZA GROUP LTD
- NOVUS INTERNATIONAL INC.
- ROQUETTE FRERES
- SAS NEXIRA
- SENSUS B.V.
- SÜDZUCKER AG
- SUNOPTA INC.
- TATE & LYLE PLC
- TIC GUMS INC.
- VDF FUTURECEUTICALS INC.
- Z-TRIM HOLDINGS INC
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7wrtm3/dietary_fiber
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager.
U.S. Fax: +1-646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716