LONDON, November 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
Home to some of the world's most recognisable pieces of artwork, New York is rightly considered the cultural capital of the world by critics and artists alike.
New York's fabled Art scene continuously attracts thousands of tourists and budding artists to the city every year. DialAFlight, one of the UK's leading travel operators, are therefore proud to unveil their top 5 New York art museums- encouraging customers to book flights to New York and witness true artistic masterpieces for themselves.
Some of the world's most revered pieces of art can be seen in many of the city's most famous museums. Star names light up exhibition hallways, with works representing many movements and periods in history - it's truly a living dream for ardent culture vultures.
However it's the cosmopolitan atmosphere created throughout the city, which makes New York's art scene so inviting to millions each year. There's something for everyone, so visitors needn't be the most avid art fans to enjoy a grand day out here.
So without further ado, DialAFlight's Top 5 art museums:
- The MetropolitanMuseum of Art: Affectionately known as 'The Met', this is probably the most famous museum in America. Tourists can view over two million pieces of modern art, as well as glimpse prehistoric statutory dating back as far as the Egyptian era. There are plenty of children's activities too, including workshops and playrooms.
- The Museum of Modern Art: Celebrated modern works by famous artists such as Jason Pollock, Jasper Johns and Britain's own Francis Bacon, can be found displayed here. But it's not just abstract and figurative painting on show. Regular exhibitions display the best in modern architecture, design, film and photography too. There's also dedicated children's workshops.
- The AmericanFolkArt Museum: Exclusively focusing on American cultural identity and the utilitarian influences which encompasses folk art, traditionalists will love the decorative approach to crafted pieces on show here.
- The Children's Museum of the Arts: This museum, located in Soho, helps children up to 12 years old explore the world of art through activities designed just for them. It is widely considered to be one of the world's best children's art museums and features a variety of 'hands-on' exhibitions too.
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York: Designed by American architect Frank Lloyd Wright, the Guggenheim certainly bestows magnificence on the eyes - it's truly a masterful building. Fans of the impressionist and post- impressionist art movements will enjoy a stroll through this museum's exhibitions, and children will love special 'laboratory' workshops too.
Commenting on the list, a spokesperson for DialAFlight said today:
"New York has some of the world's most famous art museums scattered along its gridded streets. Millions go to visit them every year, so we're [DialAFlight] delighted to unveil our top 5 New York art museums. Hopefully this will act as a little guide for families planning to visit the city in the coming months, and who are eager to explore its thriving art scene."
The museums featured on the top 5 list are all based in New York's Manhattan district: the prime location for tourists visiting the city. However, for those eager to seek out the very latest talent emerging from the art world, tourists are well advised to visit smaller museums found beside the city's bustling streets.
DialAFlight is one of the UK's leading travel companies and has been in business for 30 years. Our sales people have 2000 collective years experience between them and our buying power is second to none. Each year hundreds of thousands of people come to us for cheap flights, hotels, car hire, weekend breaks and business flights. DialAFlight offer more than six million cheap flights to a wide range of destinations around the world including flights to Bangkok and flights to Dubai.
Karen Hart - Head of Legal and Consumer Affairs
DIALAFLIGHT - Tel +44(0)20-7459-3762 - Fax +44(0)20-7464-0028