WAALWIJK, The Netherlands, May 20, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Leading European carpet manufacturer Desso(R) has launched their new CARPETECTURE(R) collection, Colour Dimensions II. This comprehensive collection of products offers an inspiring choice of exciting designs and textures in line with the company's acclaimed CARPETECTURE(R) concept, which draws on contemporary architecture to create flooring that complements modern interiors.
The new collection is based on an emerging breakthrough in the use of colour within commercial environments, and was developed as a result of expert consultation during Desso's Circles of Architects(R) platform. This platform invites expert architects and designers to contribute their vision towards the future of flooring, and allows the opportunity for feedback and input during the product development stage of Desso's collection. The Colour Dimensions II collection is the culmination of these joint efforts, resulting in a stunning set of products, at the cutting edge of design.
The collection comprises 7 new products, with a choice of both carpet tile and broadloom carpet. These products are named Hint, Halo, Sand Stripe, Sand, AirMaster(R), Flow and Twist:
- create surprising colour effects with Hint & Halo; both displaying vibrant accents that are visible in immediate surroundings, yet seemingly fade away into the distance.
- Sand & Sand Stripe work in perfect harmony with each other. Create and define space with the strong, linear design in multi-coloured Sand Stripe and complement with the matching colour line of Sand.
- reduce fine dust by 8 times compared to hard flooring with the innovative, award winning, patented technology in DESSO AirMaster(R).
- organic patterns of naturally flowing lines in a rich high-low structure create an engaging 3D appearance in the Flow carpet tile - delivered as standard with our EcoBase(R) backing with Cradle to Cradle Silver Certification(R).
- bring the comfort of home into your office with the high, shaggy cut pile structure of the playful Twist carpet tile.
Alexander Collot d'Escury, Chief Commercial Officer at Desso, is pleased with this latest development: "It's great to see commercial interiors starting to use more playful, exciting colour effects and combinations. These are environments where people are hard at work, often for 8 hours a day, and should therefore be visually stimulating. With the launch of our latest CARPETECTURE(R) collection, Colour Dimensions II, architects and designers will be equipped with a multitude of creative options for exciting commercial interiors. In addition, they can utilize the power of colour for indicating direction and defining areas through the complementary product combinations featured in this excellent collection."
For more information, please see http://www.desso.com
SOURCE Desso Group BV