ISTANBUL, November 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- DenizBank was bestowed with the "Most Innovative Bank of the Year" award at 2014 BAI Banking Innovation Awards, granted by the US based Bank Administration Institute (BAI) and American Bankers Association (ABA), which are the most prestigious institutions in terms of banking administration sphere of financial services industry worldwide.
- In the contest to which a total of 105 financial institutions, 8 of which were from Turkey, applied with more than 220 projects, DenizBank was the only institution to represent Turkey in the finale with 5 innovation projects in 3 different categories.
DenizBank reached an important accomplishment on behalf of the Turkish banking sector at the BAI - Finacle Global Banking Innovation Awards 2014, acknowledged to be the most prestigious among international platforms.
Having reached the finale with 5 applications in 3 categories, most of which represent "world-firsts", DenizBank received the first prize in Innovation in Internal Process Improvement category with Inter-Collect application that enhances customer satisfaction and was named the "Most Innovative Bank of the Year" in 2014 with fastPay and other innovative products.
22 projects of 13 banks in five categories were included in the final elimination in the contest where DenizBank made it to the finale in "Product and Service Innovation", "Channel Innovation" and "Innovation in Internal Process Improvement" categories.
- Product and Service Innovation: FastPay Hands-free Payment
- Channel Innovation: FastPay Mobile Wallet
- Channel Innovation: Social Customer Care
- Innovation in Internal Process Improvement: Inter-Collect that enhances customer satisfaction
- Innovation in Internal Process Improvement: Inter-Dashboard Programs
Hakan Ateş: "Innovation is instilled in our institution's DNA"
Commenting on the occasion, DenizBank President and CEO Mr. Hakan Ateş said, "It is a great honor to be the only bank representing Turkey on a platform featured as the innovation arena of the global banking industry and to be named the "Most Innovative Bank of the Year" in 2014. As DenizBank, we attach great importance to the paradigm shift in banking along with digital and mobile technologies. Within this scope, we changed our route towards the digital world long time ago, instilled innovation in our DNA and shaped our activities with the vision to become the leader of digital transformation. For us, there is no finish line in the marathon of innovation and we consider this as a journey. Seeing our vision crowned in such a prestigious platform motivates us even more. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all my colleagues who contributed in winning these international awards."
About BAI Awards
The BAI - Finacle Global Banking Innovation Awards, now in its fourth year, recognizes innovation in the retail banking industry that positively impacts customer experience, bank efficiency and profitability. Winners are selected in collaboration with Infosys, a member of the American Bankers Association (ABA) working as an ABA body in generating solutions and perspectives for the business needs of banks and financial service institutions.