- Deloitte also named a Vanguard leader in both forensic and investigative services and dispute advisory and analysis services based on capabilities.
NEW YORK, Aug. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) announced today that Deloitte was ranked number one globally based on revenue in the forensics and dispute advisory (F&DA) services sector. In addition, Deloitte was named a Vanguard leader in both forensic and investigative services and dispute advisory and analysis services for its depth and breadth of capabilities, in the Kennedy Forensics and Dispute Advisory Services report, 2013.
It is the second report Kennedy has issued, the first was issued in July 2010 which also ranked Deloitte number one in the F&DA space based on revenue. The report provides a detailed examination of client needs and drivers of F&DA spending and evaluates the strengths and limitations of a diverse set of service providers competing across the two sub-segments of the F&DA market: forensic investigation and dispute advisory and analysis.
"We are very proud that Kennedy has acknowledged Deloitte Forensic as number one in F&DA services for the second consecutive time," said Tim Phillipps, DTTL Global Leader, Deloitte Forensic. "Deloitte's clients operate in a global marketplace fraught with complex regulatory frameworks and business environments that create many crisis and challenges around fraud, corruption and financial crime. Deloitte has built a global network that harnesses Deloitte's deep industry and technical skill with advanced analytical technology to help clients meet those challenges."
Deloitte's F&DA practices were recognized for "an outstanding reputation with inside and outside counsel and strong credibility with regulatory authorities. It is one of only three practices that excel in both sub segments of F&DA."(1)
The 2013 report also praised Deloitte for strength across capabilities in both forensic investigation and dispute advisory and analysis and found it was most often identified as "world-class" by clients. It also highlighted the F&DA practices of Deloitte for using novel and sophisticated analytical and technology-driven approaches – particularly sampling and predictive techniques – to address client F&DA challenges.
Key findings from the Kennedy Report(2):
- In 2012 Deloitte held an 11 percent market share of F&DA services; 3 percent above the next leading organization.
- In 2012 Deloitte's F&DA services experienced a 9 percent growth.
- Overall for global F&DA services, clients in the financial services sector spent the most (28 percent), followed by Energy & Natural Resources (14 percent) and Healthcare (14 percent).
- By region, North American clients spent almost half of the overall spending for the sector at 49 percent followed by EMEA (39 percent), Asia Pacific (10 percent), and Latin America (2 percent).
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.
Deloitte provides audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries. With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte has in the region of 200,000 professionals, all committed to becoming the standard of excellence.
(1) Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory; Forensics & Dispute Advisory; Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory estimates © 2013 Kennedy Information, LLC. Reproduced under license
(2) Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory; Forensics & Dispute Advisory; Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory estimates © 2013 Kennedy Information, LLC. Reproduced under license
SOURCE Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited