- Core libraries and cloud service can be integrated into any mobile, fleet or automotive application to provide vector maps and navigation
SAN JOSE, California, May 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- deCarta, Inc., the leading independent LBS technology company today introduced its new Xplorer V8 navigation platform, combining deCarta's cloud-based navigation service with customizable client-side libraries. This combination gives application developers the ability to quickly add vector mapping and Turn-by-Turn navigation to any mobile application, from local search to fleet management, providing users with fast, accurate driving directions to a destination or search result. Xplorer V8 is available as a white label application or as client-side libraries depending on the degree of customization required. deCarta's L2 advanced local search technology is fully integrated into the platform to help users find destination addresses or local Points of Interest (POI).
With 15 years of experience, deCarta navigation technology has powered some of the world's most successful navigation products. These include GM OnStar, Ford Sync, INRIX, Appello, TCS and MotionX GPS Drive. Now, with Xplorer V8, deCarta lets developers tightly integrate that proven functionality into their own applications or to build custom navigation applications. Examples of the use of Xplorer V8 include:
- Local search applications that offer route guidance to the search destination from a mobile phone or tablet.
- Branded navigation applications for global automotive companies.
- Mobile applications that display places of interest in a vector map display with smooth panning, rotation and zooming.
- Fleet management solutions that offer route guidance and tracking to ensure that drivers are directed efficiently to their destinations.
deCarta has already engaged with customers in each of these areas and expects to be announcing new partners for Xplorer V8 in the coming months.
The Xplorer V8 platform consists of a cloud-based service and a set of core client-side libraries that work together to provide a high-quality navigation experience:
- The Xplorer V8 Navigation Cloud Services provide local search and navigation response based on deCarta's proven geospatial technologies. deCarta hosts these services in global data centers in Santa Clara, London, Seoul, Beijing and Sydney.
- The Xplorer V8 Core Libraries that are integrated into client side applications. They support three critical functions that can be used together as a group or individually as needed by the customer.
- Local Search: Single line search and geocoding based on deCarta's L2 technology
- Guidance and Routing: Voice guided navigation, displayable as an overview, a list of directions or in turn-by-turn sequence.
- Map Display: Vector-based maps that support turn-by-turn navigation, voice guidance, 3D display, immediate off route determination and rerouting.
Xplorer V8 libraries are compatible with all Android-based platforms for mobile devices, tablets and automotive embedded systems. Apple iOS versions will be available at the end of June.
For companies interested in a turn-key navigation solution, Xplorer V8 is also available as a white-label navigation application that can be branded to match the customer's needs.
"Industrial-grade navigation engines are extremely hard to develop. To meet the demanding consumer expectations, they have to perform well, with speed and accuracy across a wide range of circumstances," said J. Kim Fennell, CEO of deCarta. "Xplorer V8 packages all of deCarta's navigation experience and makes it available for application developers to integrate directly into their apps."
Xplorer V8 is available immediately for deployment in North America and Australia, with Western Europe coverage coming in June. Other countries will be included in the following months. For more information, please visit deCarta's web site at http://decarta.com/products/tbt_navigation.html.
For more information:
SOURCE deCarta, Inc.