LONDON, June 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Initiative to increase sales to 2.4 Billion Danish kroner for Bilka.dk by 2016
Dansk Supermarked A/S, a leading retailer in the Nordics has engaged Infosys, a global leader in consulting and technology, as its strategic partner to transform its cross-channel commerce program. Through this engagement, Dansk Supermarked A/S which has over 1,300 stores across Denmark, Sweden, Germany and Poland will provide its consumers a seamless and convenient cross-channel shopping experience.
Infosys was selected by Dansk Supermarked A/S for its capabilities in delivering end-to-end digital commerce programs for global retailers. This transformation program will start with Bilka.dk, one of Dansk Supermarked's store chains and is expected to help increase Bilka.dk's sales to 2.4 Billion Danish kroner by 2016.
- The program will help Dansk Supermarked A/S enhance its consumers' cross-channel experience by:
- Multiplying the online range of products resulting in more product choices for consumers
- Introducing new services for convenient online shopping
- Improving consumer experience through extensive research and user tests
- Dansk Supermarked A/S and Infosys will bring together their complimentary domain and technology expertise in the retail industry to co-create a cross-channel commerce solution that can be reused by both for similar business opportunities.
- Infosys supported Dansk Supermarked A/S in identifying the key business capabilities for the cross-channel solution, defining the strategic roadmap and selecting the platform. Infosys is now implementing the solution based on the hybris suite of products.
- Infosys is a strategic partner of hybris, a leading provider of multichannel commerce and communication software and this program will strengthen its relationship and help in jointly building tomorrow's digital commerce enterprise for Dansk Supermarked A/S.
- Infosys has been involved in over 80 digital commerce engagements for leading retailers globally. The digital commerce proposition of Infosys will help Dansk Supermarked A/S to realize business value and ensure consumer delight by providing an 'anything, anytime, anywhere' retail experience for its consumers.
Alan Jensen, IT Director, Dansk Supermarked A/S, "This cross-channel commerce program is a key enabler for our business growth strategy and we are partnering with Infosys to leverage its strong digital commerce expertise, technology leadership and understanding of the retail industry to accelerate growth for Bilka.dk."
Karmesh Vaswani, Vice President and Head - Europe; Retail, Consumer Packaged Goods & Logistics, Infosys added, "We look forward to partnering with Dansk Supermarked on this strategic program. This will further increase our commitment to the retail and consumer market in the Nordics. Our success metrics for this program are linked to Dansk Supermarked creating new benchmarks in digital excellence across the European retail industry, while improving its profitability, competitiveness and innovation."
Ariel Lüdi, CEO, hybris said, "“Infosys has been one of our strategic partners for a number of years and we value their knowledge of our end-to-end multichannel commerce solutions. We are delighted to be working together to deliver Dansk Supermarked A/S a fully integrated solution that will provide all the capabilities it needs to support their cross- channel program."
- Additional Resources
- Infosys Retail Industry offerings
- Infosys Digital Commerce offerings
- Infosys Digital Consumer Resource Centre
- Dansk Supermarked A/S
- hybris Software
Infosys, Dansk, Dansk Supermarked, cross-channel, transformation, hybris, Digital Commerce, Nordic, Europe, multi-channel commerce, implementation, retail, retailer
About Dansk Supermarked A/S
Dansk Supermarked A/S is the largest retail group in Denmark comprising of seven retail chains and two department stores, which daily provide customers with food and non-food.
Dansk Supermarked A/S owns the grocery chains føtex, Bilka and Netto, and has around 43,000 employees. The Group has 1300 stores in Denmark, Sweden, Poland and Germany and generated an annual turnover of dkk 54 billion in 2011.
Many of the world's most successful organizations rely on the 150,000 people of Infosys to deliver measurable business value. Infosys provides business consulting, technology, engineering and outsourcing services to help clients in over 30 countries build tomorrow's enterprise.
For more information about Infosys (NASDAQ: INFY), visit http://www.infosys.com
Certain statements in this release concerning our future growth prospects are forward-looking statements, which involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties relating to these statements include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties regarding fluctuations in earnings, fluctuations in foreign exchange rates, our ability to manage growth, intense competition in IT services including those factors which may affect our cost advantage, wage increases in India, our ability to attract and retain highly skilled professionals, time and cost overruns on fixed-price, fixed-time frame contracts, client concentration, restrictions on immigration, industry segment concentration, our ability to manage our international operations, reduced demand for technology in our key focus areas, disruptions in telecommunication networks or system failures, our ability to successfully complete and integrate potential acquisitions, liability for damages on our service contracts, the success of the companies in which Infosys has made strategic investments, withdrawal or expiration of governmental fiscal incentives, political instability and regional conflicts, legal restrictions on raising capital or acquiring companies outside India, and unauthorized use of our intellectual property and general economic conditions affecting our industry. Additional risks that could affect our future operating results are more fully described in our United States Securities and Exchange Commission filings including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2012 and on Form 6-K for the quarter ended June 30, 2011 September 30, 2011 and December 31, 2011.These filings are available at http://www.sec.gov. Infosys may, from time to time, make additional written and oral forward-looking statements, including statements contained in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and our reports to shareholders. The company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements that may be made from time to time by or on behalf of the company.
SOURCE Infosys Ltd