LONDON, December 20, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
Solon Kassinis, Director of Energy at the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism of Cyprus, will be participating in a panel at the East Mediterranean and North African Gas Forum in Rome on the 27 - 29 February 2012, discussing the potential of Cyprus, as the hottest spot offshore in the East Mediterranean gas region. He will be joined by Costas Ioannou, the Chairman of the Natural Gas Public Company of Cyprus to debate various issues in the region, including:
- Assessing the true potential - Noble Energy's involvement in the region
- What are the recent cost estimates and where will investment come from?
- Who else is participating in the exploration and production in the area?
- How far can a joint collaboration between Cyprus and Israel progress?
They will be joined by other government representatives from Tunisia, Turkey, Israel, and Lebanon as well as the leading super majors and IOCs at the Forum in Rome to assess the impact of recent events in North Africa and the Eastern Mediterranean on the prospects for gas development throughout the region and what implications these developments will have on key consuming countries, including those in Europe.
Government representatives from other countries throughout the region who will be adding their insight to the agenda include:
- Khaled Kaddour, General Director of Energy, MINISTRY OF INDUSTRY AND TECHNOLOGY, TUNISIA and Reya Aykul Muratoglu, Head of Petroleum Pipelines, MINISTRY OF ENERGY AND NATURAL RESOURCES, TURKEY; who will both be speaking on Tuesday 28 February 2012, on the "Intra-Region Gas Infrastructure: Achieving a Pan-Mediterranean/North African Vision"
- Joshua Stern, Director of Gas, ISRAEL NATURAL GAS AUTHORITY; will be speaking on Wednesday 29 February, about "Israel: The New European Gas Super-Exporter?"
- Roudi Baroudi, Secretary General, WORLD ENERGY COUNCIL, LEBANON MEMBER COMMITTEE; who will be speaking on Wednesday 29 February 2012 about "Lebanon: The Latest Licensing Updates and the Huge Potential Lateral Effects of Gas Discovery"
For more information, to become a partner or sponsor, or to find out how to participate as a speaker, advisory board member, or delegate, contact us at: +44(0)203-180-6508.
Notes to the editor:
Website address: http://www.emnagasforum.com
Follow Us on Twitter: energydmg
For all press enquiries: Contact Neill Howard on +44(0)203-180-6508 or email@example.com