NEW YORK and PETACH TIKVAH, Israel, Sept. 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- CTERA Networks today announced a $25 million investment round led by Bessemer Venture Partners with additional participation from Cisco, and with Vintage Investment Partners joining as a new investor. This new investment round brings CTERA's total financing to date to nearly $70 million. The funds will be used to fuel sales and marketing initiatives and accelerate global customer acquisition as the CTERA Enterprise File Services Platform becomes a gold standard for file storage, collaboration and data protection among secure and distributed enterprise organizations.
CTERA's Enterprise File Services Platform is the only solution to address the entire spectrum of end user computing file management and data protection requirements. The solution integrates endpoint, office and cloud file services with uncompromising IT security, cloud choice and automation. As a platform, CTERA's technology enables organizations to sync, serve and protect data from one centrally managed solution that is 100 percent secure and deployable on any cloud infrastructure, all behind the customer's firewall.
"With organizations increasingly looking to modernize their data infrastructures, CTERA is uniquely poised to provide secure tools that offer easy and globally accelerated access to files and backups," said CTERA co-founder and CEO Liran Eshel. "This newly announced investment round will enable CTERA to deliver best-in-class products, support and service to an even broader collection of forward-thinking enterprise customers."
2016 is CTERA's biggest year ever, with highlights across each aspect of the business:
- Global Enterprise Adoption – CTERA continues to add hundreds of premier enterprise and government customers to the worldwide community of CTERA customers, including strategic global projects such as the U.S. Department of Defense and Banco Santander.
- Accelerating the Pace of Innovation – Over the past 12 months, CTERA has added over 70 new features and capabilities to the Enterprise File Services Platform, making the solution faster, more secure, more cost-effective and more user-friendly than ever.
- Technology Partner Ecosystem – CTERA is working with leading global cloud and storage technology partners, including IBM, AWS, HPE, EMC, NetApp, and HGST to provide integrated and certified solutions and enable organizations to store their enterprise data on their terms.
- Industry Recognition – CTERA was cited by Gartner receiving an "Honorable Mention" in its 2016 Magic Quadrant for Data Center Backup and Recovery Software; recognized in its 2015 Critical Capabilities for Enterprise Endpoint Backup; listed as a Representative Vendor in the 2015 Market Guide for Cloud Storage Gateways and as a Selected Vendor in the IT Market Clock for the Digital Workplace, 2016; and cited in the 2016 Take Responsibility for Backing Up Cloud-Based Data report.
According to Gartner1: Data Infrastructure Modernization "will likely see rapid growth over the next three years. Organizations have deployed multiple data repositories over the years and must connect them to modern file sharing/ productivity/collaboration environments to accomplish digital transformation of the workplace."
CTERA believes it has already established a strong position in the emerging "data infrastructure modernization" category by offering the only solution that addresses local and cloud-based file sharing, endpoint data protection and cloud server data protection from one unified and completely private system.
1Magic Quadrant for Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing, Gartner, July 2016
- Blog Post: Powering Up to Take Data Infrastructure Modernization Mainstream
- CTERA: A Year in Review (Graphic)
- CTERA Free Trial for 60 Days
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
CTERA enables enterprise IT to provide secure file services from any cloud. Trusted by the Fortune 100 and leading service providers, the CTERA Enterprise File Services Platform is a private cloud IT-as-a-Service platform for storing, syncing, sharing, protecting and governing data across endpoints, remote offices and servers. To learn more, visit www.ctera.com.