-- Every Device, Every Location, Every Data Service: A Unified Solution for Unprecedented Access, Protection and Governance of Enterprise Files and Data
NEW YORK and PETACH TIKVAH, Israel, May 12, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- In a major company milestone, CTERA Networks announced today the culmination of its foundational product vision with the release of version 5.0 of the CTERA Enterprise Data Services Platform.
The new release represents two years of engineering effort to unify and extend the capabilities of the CTERA Platform, and to empower IT organizations with a single solution that ensures the complete privacy, governance, and security of organizational data. The CTERA Platform allows distributed enterprises and service providers to address every aspect of online and offline file storage, file sharing and data protection from a secure and centrally managed solution that can be deployed entirely on the cloud infrastructure of their choice.
"CTERA has embarked upon a journey with the modern enterprise, helping tens of thousands of organizations transform enterprise IT departments into IT-as-a-Service business partners by delivering a truly unified file services and data protection solution that empowers both the employee and the IT manager," said Liran Eshel, CEO and co-founder of CTERA Networks. "With our milestone release of 5.0, data now follows the user to wherever they work in the world, and IT governance follows the data."
Features and Benefits Designed for Users and IT
CTERA 5.0 is a comprehensive data services platform that features a combination of software and hardware for IT organizations to easily create, deploy and manage storage-as-a-service solutions, including remote site storage, backup, file sync and share, and mobile collaboration. The new release delivers a number of features and benefits designed to enhance the user and IT manager experience, including:
- Support for every data service in any location: CTERA's Platform is the only solution to combine data protection, enterprise file sync and sharing and Remote Office / Branch Office (ROBO) NAS services in one solution. With 5.0, CTERA cloud storage gateways now feature integrated support for CTERA Enterprise File Sync and Share (EFSS), extending the cloud and enabling collaboration and cloud-based file access to user and project data at LAN speeds.
- Integrations with enterprise security and mobility software: CTERA 5.0 boasts new integrations with anti-malware software, enterprise mobility management tools (EMM) and data loss prevention (DLP) software to provide comprehensive security and governance across the data services continuum.
- Functionality across every device, desktop and server: The Platform now supports VDI and Windows phone users, adding to pre-existing support for Windows, Mac OSX, Linux, iOS and Android systems.
- A natural, productive user experience: In addition to offering optional LAN access, CTERA 5.0 offers integrations with Microsoft Outlook, features integrated document editing, and provides an online document viewer for nearly 50 new document formats, including Microsoft Office files, medical images, CAD documents, high-resolution graphics and more.
- Elegant and intuitive user interface: The CTERA 5.0 user interface (UI) features all new, beautiful and simple consumer-grade data services that encourage the internal adoption of enterprise-sanctioned data services and eliminate the threat of Shadow IT.
CTERA Sync Appliances Break Down Critical Barriers to Cloud-Based File Services Adoption
With 5.0, CTERA is challenging the conventional definitions of cloud storage gateways and enterprise file sync and share (EFSS) by merging the concepts into a single distributed system architecture that provides high-performance, uninterrupted data access either direct to the cloud or via a CTERA remote office gateway appliance. CTERA's sync-enabled gateways allow organizations to pin user and project data to remote office storage appliances to enable fast local access and collaboration and persistent data access even in the face of poor Internet connectivity.
According to IT analyst firm, Gartner: "An on-premises implementation of EFSS not only can help an organization control data sharing and collaboration, but also may inhibit users from easily sharing information assets with individuals outside the firewall and across multiple regions," noted Gene Ruth and Alan Dayley, Research Directors at Gartner1.
Global Organizations are Embracing CTERA's Platform-Approach to Enterprise Data Services
Celine, a fashion brand of LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SA: "As one of the world's leading luxury brands, Celine has many locations overseas. Our users request a performance and mobile experience wherever they are. We selected CTERA's Enterprise File Sync and Share solution for our employees because the design and thinking that went into 5.0 make the Celine work experience as seamless and effortless as we expect in our daily usages." - Dominique Guiffard, CIO
Live Nation Entertainment, the world's leading live entertainment company: "CTERA has enabled our IT team to transform its backup operation and become an internal service provider capable of delivering on-demand, cloud-based data protection services throughout the organization. CTERA 5.0 supports our vision of centrally managed, comprehensive and simple-to-use remote data services." - Matt McQuoid, Senior Director of IT Operations
Unisys, a global information technology company: "The breadth of data services and the enterprise security and data management integrations make CTERA's platform an ideal solution for an enterprise systems integrator like Unisys. Unisys Italia has partnered with CTERA on projects that in aggregate service the needs of hundreds of thousands of employees in some of the world's most heavily regulated industries. We welcome the release of 5.0 as a game changer that addresses the totality of requirements in our enterprise customer community." - Paolo Venturini, Unisys Sales Manager
A Vision of Unified Data Services Realized
"After deploying our solution in more than 110 countries around the world and engaging with tens of thousands of businesses now powered by CTERA's Platform, we've gained an intimate appreciation for the different types of SLAs that are expected of today's agile IT-as-a-Service organization," said Aron Brand, CTO of CTERA Networks. "To help organizations realize the complete benefit of cloud-enabled file and data protection services, we believe the enterprise will settle for nothing less than a solution that addresses the complete continuum of data access, governance and cloud choice."
- Learn more about 5.0
- Try a free CTERA 5.0 demo
- Blog post: CTERA's Enterprise Data Services Platform 5.0
- Resources page
- Products page
1Gartner [EFSS Changes How Users Deliver Data Services], [Gene Ruth, Alan Dayley], and [May 29, 2014]
CTERA (www.ctera.com) provides the industry's leading Enterprise Data Services Platform. Deployed by Global 1000 enterprises and leading cloud service providers, CTERA transforms private or public cloud infrastructure into scalable, secure, business-critical data services, addressing the storage, data protection and collaboration needs of business users. CTERA was founded by IT security experts in 2008, and is backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Benchmark Capital, Venrock and Cisco. Follow @CTERA on twitter.com/CTERA.