The HandyPROBE line up expands its accuracy, ease-of-use and shop-floor performances to further address manufacturers' quality requirements
LÉVIS, Québec, April 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Creaform, the worldwide leader in portable 3D measurement solutions and engineering services, today announced the release of its new portable coordinate measuring machine (CMM), the HandyPROBE Next. This next-generation, optical-based contact inspection solution addresses the increasing demands of rigorous quality control directly on manufacturers' production lines.
The HandyPROBE Next features productivity and efficiency enhancements in a more shop-floor-ready design for unprecedentedly accurate part inspections—wherever they need to be performed. Quality control experts who rely on portable tools to validate the dimensional conformity of production tools, jigs, assemblies, sub-assemblies and final products on the shop floor can look forward to:
- 2X more accurate measurements: Volumetric accuracy of 0.064 mm (0.0025 in.)—ASME B89.4.22 compliant—regardless of environment instabilities, thanks to TRUaccuracy technology
- Instant measurement: The wireless probe enables the instant capture of coordinates—all while being free of any rigid measurement setup
- Greater, extendable measurement volume: Can be easily and dynamically extended—unlike measuring arms, which require conventional leapfrogging
- New ergonomic, sturdy design for shop-floor hardware reliability:Offers an enhanced user experience as well as profitable time and cost benefits for operators
- Available in Standard and Elite versions: Users can choose a model based on their specific needs
"Manufacturers are under increasing pressure to integrate more rigorous quality control operations into their production processes, while still maintaining the same efficiency. The HandyPROBE Next delivers versatility, shop-floor accuracy and portability, unlike articulated arms or fixed CMMs. The solution comprehensively addresses quality issues that, if left unattended, can lead to unwanted production and part approval delays, fabrication shortcomings and unexpected costs," explains Daniel Brown, Senior Product Manager at Creaform.
As part of Creaform's comprehensive quality control solution, shop-floor operators can add 3D scanning capabilities to their inspection sequence with the MetraSCAN 3D portable CMM scanner. The solution is also fully compatible with VXinspect, Creaform's dimensional inspection software.
Creaform's quality control solutions will be available for live product demonstrations at CONTROL 2016, Germany, in hall 5, stand 5108, April 26–29.