Cockcroft: Dental Pilots Already Improving Patient Outcomes
Chief dental officer Barry Cockcroft has revealed that a series of successful pilots have shown that new measures would result in better outcomes for patients,in an exclusive interview on the ITN Healthcare News Channel.
He said, "The government has a commitment to provide a new system based on capitation, regulation and improving patient outcomes, so we have to use pilots to refine the learning and findings have to be implemented as soon as we are confident we have learned enough from the pilot process as they can so everyone can benefit".
Mr Cockcroft pointed to the successes that have been made since the implementation of the 2007 Delivering Better Oral Health, such as a 63% increase in the use of fluoride varnish, and says that feedback has been very positive from the whole dentistry community.
"We know from the pilots that they are well liked by the clinicians, the patients and the NHS as well. They emphasise outcomes for patients and focus on a more preventative approach," he said.
To see the full interview with Barry Cockcroft and more exclusive content from the industry's leading organisations, including highlights from the 2013 Dentistry Show, please visit the ITN Healthcare News channel: http://www.healthcarenews.itn.co.uk
Healthcare News from ITN Productions includes reports about:
- New dental implant technology from Biomet 3i set to revolutionise treatment for patients
- Birmingham Metropolitan College offering dental courses to students from all backgrounds
- DMG introducing cutting edge treatment that could mean the dentist's drill is a thing of the past
- New Director of Edinburgh Dental Institute putting Scotland back on the dental training map
- Barry Cockcroft leading a panel discussion on direct access at this year's Dentistry Show
- The balance between being an entrepreneur and being a dentist: discussions from The Dentistry Show
- Nick Thatcher exploring the new technology on show at this year's Dentistry Show
- The Dentistry Show: a place to top up on skills and techniques and even practice on pigs
- Litigation experts Apolline on giving dental professionals a helping hand to understand regulations
- Dental Buying Group's Andy Sloan discussing the training challenges posed by new dental regulation
- Leading Dental Technician Luke Barnett on better communication improving patient outcomes
- Dentsply's Gary Marvin discussing the major challenges facing the dental industry
- Kai Turk from Henry Schein on how technology advances have lead to a wider choice for practitioners
Healthcare News is the latest industry channel from ITN Productions' corporate production team, which works with trade bodies and associations to deliver high-quality news programming for individual vertical business sectors, producing videos about key industry topics, sharing best practice and updating on industry developments.
About ITN Productions: ITN Productions is ITN's central creative hub producing content for major global brands in the broadcast, online, mobile and corporate sectors.
About the Dentistry Show: The Dentistry Show took place on the 1st and 2nd March 2013 at the Birmingham NEC. Around 5,000 dentists, practice managers, hygienists therapists, dental nurses, laboratory owners and dental technicians are expected for dentistry's favourite Midlands-based UK event.
Healthcare News enquiries: Derek Dyson, Executive Producer, ITN Productions
Tel: +44(0)20-7430-4646 or email: Derek.Dyson@itn.co.uk
For media enquiries about the Dentistry Show please contact event organisers Closer Still:
Lucy Pitt, Marketing Manager
Telephone: +44(0)2476-719688, Email: L.Pitt@closerstillmedia.com
SOURCE ITN Productions