DUBLIN, Apr. 16, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --Research and Markets
(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/256szd/corporate) has announced the addition of the "Corporate Reputation of Pharma in 2014 - a Perspective of Mental Health Patient Groups - 1st Edition" report to their offering.
For the first time, in 2014, the author has compared opinions on the corporate reputation of the pharmaceutical industry held by patient groups with an interest in mental health with the views of patient organisations representing all therapy areas.
- Findings based on a survey of 142 patient groups from 34 countries with an interest in mental health
- Survey conducted November 2014 to January 2015
This independent study, funded by the author, represents the perspectives from 142 patient groups with an interest in mental health on the corporate reputation of 13 individual pharma companies (and of the pharma industry as a whole) in 2014.
About the corporate stars
- Lundbeck is the top-performer overall, according to the mental-health patient groups. The Danish-headquartered company, which specialises in the development of treatments for disorders of the braIn and central nervous system (CNS).
- Pfizer, in second place overall, takes top spot for its provision of high-quality information for patients and also for being transparent with external stakeholders.
- Lilly, in third place overall, ranks first for providing patients with high-quality information. The US-based major takes third spot for acting with integrity, fourth for transparency, fifth for both patient-centricity and for its record on patient safety, and sixth for providing high-quality, useful products.
- AbbVie is in fourth position overall and first for having a patient-centred strategy. The mental-health patient groups place the US-based firm third for the quality of its information to patients and for its safety record, fourth for integrity, seventh for its products and eighth for transparency with external stakeholders.
- Janssen, in fifth place overall.
- Novartis, placed sixth overall, takes the top spot for providing high-quality, useful products.
What matters to mental-health patient groups
- This first-ever analysis of how mental-health patient groups regard the industry reveals that they are more sceptical than patient organisations in general about the reputation of pharma, and about the excellence of its corporate activities. The survey finds that what matters most to them is patient safety and the production of high-quality, useful products, and not necessarily whether companies are innovative- AbbVie, Boehringer-Ingelheim, Janssen, Lundbeck, Novartis and Roche are all investing in neuropsychiatric treatments, at a time when other pharma majors are cutting back on R&D in this area, and this willingness to work in a long-overlooked subject area of medicines is winning them respect from the patient groups.
- The survey also finds appreciation among patient groups for work undertaken by companies relating to mental health in areas other than R&D; for example, the development by Sanofi of specific programmes to improve access to mental healthcare and treatment in developing countries.
- When asked what are the most important influences on pharma corporate reputation, top is patient safety for 17% of mental health patient groups, 15% say having a patient-centred strategy, 13% fair pricing policies, as 12% making high-quality useful products. Only 4% believe that it is important for pharma to be innovative.
Key Topics Covered:
- Understanding The Results
- Reputation of Pharma in 2014
- Rankings of 13 Companies
- Profiles of 13 Companies
- Profile of Respondents
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Eli Lilly (Lilly)
- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK)
- Merck & Co (USA)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/256szd/corporate
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets