LONDON, December 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
5app, http://www.fiveapp.com/ the mobile app toolkit vendor, has released expert guidance for IT decision makers looking to connect with their mobile workforce. There is no escaping the impact of BYOD on IT departments, resulting in IT decision makers investigating cost-effective ways in which to interact with mobile employees. 5app's CTO, Dr Tim King, advises that it is a necessity to understand the limitations of mobile technologies, especially the communications infrastructure, in order to develop an enterprise app that actually delivers mobile data security and real business value.
Dr Tim King, Chief Technology Officer at 5app, explains, "When considering commissioning or developing a mobile app, you need to look over and beyond the normal design issues. Firstly, consider what devices you need to support from the start. If you are going to need cross-platform, think about it early - don't start with one device type and then consider moving to other platforms if the first is a success as this doubles, triples or even quadruples your costs."
To find out more about mobilising your enterprise download 5app's eBook here: http://www.fiveapp.com/ebooks/mobilise-the-enterprise/
For CTOs looking to connect with their mobile workforce, exploit the enterprise app development market and benefit from reliable communication with a mobile workforce, it is vital to consider the following:
- Apps increasingly have to run on a multitude of platforms ranging from Blackberry and iPhone to Android and Windows 8.
- The mobile experience needs to mirror the quality of corporate solutions - with good performance, reliability and availability.
- Getting it wrong can be an expensive mistake: if an app is commissioned and written using the wrong technique you may end with an app that will not communicate reliably, and have to start all over again.
- Take care when choosing your framework as not all provide features such as push data that you'll need for most of your line-of-business processes.
- Choose a framework that supports reliable communication as standard. After all, reliable communication and mobile data security is the key to mobilising the enterprise.
The 5app Toolkit which comprises the 5app Engines and the 5app Factory available immediately, for free, as an online service at http://www.factory.fiveapp.com/register.
5app Limited is a mobile application software developer headquartered at the Bristol and Bath Science Park and has an office in London.
The 5app Factory is a cloud-based environment for the rapid application development of robust, real-time, enterprise-scale, mobile business applications with built-in workflow, geolocation reporting, data reliability and transactional integrity.
5app enables businesses to develop applications once only and then to deploy a single version across all types of smartphones and tablets. e.g. iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Windows and Symbian.
5app is designed to provide robust, enterprise-scale applications through the use of its in-built workflow editors and geolocation reporting features.
5app's unique 'engine' runs on any type of remote handset and removes the need for app store-style downloads of new or updated software, whilst ensuring that all users have the latest version of software available and only the right people are allowed to have the application on their device. Additional security is provided through user authentication and communications can be encrypted.
For more information please contact:
SOURCE 5app Limited